Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Default External speaker for 8500 x50

    As in past detectors I have purchased from Escort, I find my x50 volume to be inadequate when I'm listening to music at any moderate or louder volume. I am looking for solutions that will make it much louder.

    I see that they advertise an external speaker and I have seen other posts here about folks using just any old external speaker. I would be curious to know if anyone can comment on the brand-specific speaker - how does it perform, how loud does it get, where is it mounted, etc., as well as something they picked up at radio shack.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Speedtrap Crasher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,732

    Default

    I've got it installed on top of the tranmission tunnel rear of the center glove box.

    It's Excort branded so I don't know who manufacters it for them. It's very loud, it will break through most music I have unless it's really dense techno. Some Fatboy Slim can drown it out but my stereo is hella loud.
    Here's the speaker in action over my stereo. However, keep in mind my camera pickup is a bit closer to the speaker than my head is. Still it's about the same. Laser and IO Ka hits will make you jump.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYHYs...elated&search=
    I don't think Escort alerts are nearly loud enough so I think the speaker should be a mandatory purchase.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks for the quick response. How have you got that wired in?

  4. #4
    Speedtrap Crasher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,732

    Default

    This speaker is installed in the Escort SR7. So it's routed down the transmission tunnel, over to the glove box where it plugs into the central control unit. Then the power lead goes down into the fuse box. BTW, be sure you install the power lead to a fuse that is off when the ignition is off. This speaker was running my battery down for a while till Escort informed me I was tapping into the wrong fuse.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. External speaker
    By oldguy in forum Escort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 02:17 PM
  2. LI external speaker
    By srtga in forum Laser Interceptor
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 12:20 PM
  3. External Speaker ?
    By Ace_Racer in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 11:49 AM
  4. Sti External Speaker
    By spankyaf in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 07:51 PM
  5. Escort 8500 x50 External Powered Speaker
    By Atlien in forum Escort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 08:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •