Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Input from ZR3

  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26

    Default Input from ZR3

    Can anyone tell me what the ZR3 inputs to the 8500 to warn of a ZR3 alert/activation?

    I'm trying to figure out how to link my Blinder alert into my Intercom on my motorcycle and one option would be to try to go in through the 8500 (which is a older one - not the x50 version)

    Thanks,

    Sam Jones

  2. #2
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default

    I know how to solve this, but I do not have a blinder or a laser tester. Roy sells a laser tester, you need this, and a ZR3. Point the laser tester at the zr3 and monitor voltage and polarity across the wires going to the 8500. When you find which 2 wires set off an alert and at what voltage, do the same test on the blinder, if it's exactly the same just wire the blinder to the 8500 as is, if not you simply have to cross the wires on the other side of the RJ11(think crossover cable for cat-5)

  3. #3
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    444

    Default Re: Input from ZR3

    Quote Originally Posted by skjjr
    Can anyone tell me what the ZR3 inputs to the 8500 to warn of a ZR3 alert/activation?

    I'm trying to figure out how to link my Blinder alert into my Intercom on my motorcycle and one option would be to try to go in through the 8500 (which is a older one - not the x50 version)

    Thanks,

    Sam Jones
    The ZR3 inputs a data stream to the 8500 for the display info. You're not likely to be ever able to interpret that to make use of it. It is way more than a simple high/low. But let us know if you can figure it out

  4. #4
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: Input from ZR3

    Quote Originally Posted by insidercw3
    Quote Originally Posted by skjjr
    Can anyone tell me what the ZR3 inputs to the 8500 to warn of a ZR3 alert/activation?

    I'm trying to figure out how to link my Blinder alert into my Intercom on my motorcycle and one option would be to try to go in through the 8500 (which is a older one - not the x50 version)

    Thanks,

    Sam Jones
    The ZR3 inputs a data stream to the 8500 for the display info. You're not likely to be ever able to interpret that to make use of it. It is way more than a simple high/low. But let us know if you can figure it out
    hrmm, I donno, I thought as much about the SRX, I didn't understand how it could display exact frequencies, etc.. etc.. But if you have 3 of the wires for the laser jammer plugged in and one disconnected it'll give a continuous laser signal(it kept doing this to me when I was trying to patch the broken rear jammer) and one time the cable from the radar anteanna was out just a little bit with some of the contacts touching and it gave a continuous K band signal.. I was thinking it's probably various voltages and polarities on the certain wires that are monitored, but I suppose it would have to be some kind of data stream for the radar anteanna portion, but I think that the plug going from the zr3 to the 8500 just simply puts a signal to tell it to display zr3, as the 8500 isn't getting any other information from that cable, there would be no need for a data stream, just as a data stream isn't used on the SRX from the laser receivers

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New STI - Looking for input
    By Longsnowsm in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 12:56 PM
  2. GPS mirror - why user input alert, and not user input mute??
    By GTRstikya in forum Other Countermeasures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 08:37 AM
  3. Need your input.
    By deathwish in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 05:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •