Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    591

    Default Updates Are Ready to Download Now!


  2. #2
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    13,879

    Default Re: Updates Are Ready to Download Now!

    Just database though. No firmware updates.

  3. #3
    Scratonicity Groupie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,614

    Default Re: Updates Are Ready to Download Now!

    where oh where is the ramp up fix... that's all I want for christmas.

  4. #4
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Updates Are Ready to Download Now!

    Updating was a snap. Ramp-up is fixed.

    You have to

    1. Register your serial number on Escort's website,
    2. Download the 35MB software and
    3. Download the 75MB Windows ".NET" software version 3.5 from Windows, and
    4. Download the 141Kb Escort 9500i update file (save it to your desktop), then
    5. Connect the detector to your laptop or PC (I used a VERYYYYY long phone cord to my 12V outlet in my car to my PC)
    6. Install all the software
    7. Run the Escort Tools program
    8. The detector says in full-brite "USB" (centered on the screen)
    9. Select the 141Kb Escort 9500i file using Escort Tools program (it will ask where, aha! your desktop!)
    10. Reap the benefits of a fully updated Escort 9500i as cops weep in confusion

  5. #5
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    City of the flying uterus
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Updates Are Ready to Download Now!

    unfortunately my free upgrade from the i to ix came to an end. The three month database trial ended SO now I have to decide if its worth three years of updates when clearly this should and could be free.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Updates Are Ready to Download Now!

    This update that fixes 9500i ramp-up was released a few months ago...this new one is strickt;y for ix and ci users.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikecronis View Post
    Updating was a snap. Ramp-up is fixed.

    You have to

    1. Register your serial number on Escort's website,
    2. Download the 35MB software and
    3. Download the 75MB Windows ".NET" software version 3.5 from Windows, and
    4. Download the 141Kb Escort 9500i update file (save it to your desktop), then
    5. Connect the detector to your laptop or PC (I used a VERYYYYY long phone cord to my 12V outlet in my car to my PC)
    6. Install all the software
    7. Run the Escort Tools program
    8. The detector says in full-brite "USB" (centered on the screen)
    9. Select the 141Kb Escort 9500i file using Escort Tools program (it will ask where, aha! your desktop!)
    10. Reap the benefits of a fully updated Escort 9500i as cops weep in confusion

  7. #7
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    445

    Default Re: Updates Are Ready to Download Now!

    You lucky son of a @#$@%'s. I am still waiting for Bel to get the GX-65 updates.
    The two RD's are almost the same.

  8. #8
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    30 Miles North Of Atlanta
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: Noob 9500ix Software Question

    So I get all registered up and go to the DL page and see,


    • Detector Tools, no problem there, I install it.
    • Location Database Updates (Updated 12/01/08), OK, I download it.
    • And last, the Software Updates - 9500ix Ver. 1.1, What's this?


    Now I'm confused. What is the software update 1.1 for?

    My detector tools says it's Version 1.4.

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Rocket Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    8,713

    Default Re: Noob 9500ix Software Question

    Quote Originally Posted by therock View Post
    So I get all registered up and go to the DL page and see,


    • Detector Tools, no problem there, I install it.
    • Location Database Updates (Updated 12/01/08), OK, I download it.
    • And last, the Software Updates - 9500ix Ver. 1.1, What's this?


    Now I'm confused. What is the software update 1.1 for?

    My detector tools says it's Version 1.4.

    Thanks
    Software update 1.1 is the software in the 9500ix, detector tools 1.4 is the software on the computer to interface with the detector.
    Valentine One (3.858 Ice Cream Truck, 3.812 in Vette)
    4 Head LI (On Vette) (7.11 CPU Regular heads front, HP Heads on the rear)
    9500ci (On Vette)

    LI Quad (On Ice Cream Truck)

    LI Dual (On SRX, 7.06 CPU)

    ProLaser II, ProLaser III, Stalker LZ-1, LTI Marksman & Laser Atlanta "R" (looking for an Ultralyte LRB)

    2008 Corvette Z-51 Coupe

    Escort 9500 ix (Cadillac SRX)

  10. #10
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    30 Miles North Of Atlanta
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: Noob 9500ix Software Question

    Quote Originally Posted by category4 View Post
    Software update 1.1 is the software in the 9500ix, detector tools 1.4 is the software on the computer to interface with the detector.

    OK, how do I see what version mine is? I just got it today so perhaps it already is.

    So when I hit Update Software in Detector Tools it's going to want a .lcd file?
    And to update the detector I just execute the .swu file?

    This stuff is not in my paper work so I need a little hand holding here. No read me files, nada.

    Is the .swu file soft or firmware?

    Thanks

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 03:27 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 04:04 PM
  3. was all ready to buy a V1
    By ryansandlin in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
  4. ready to buy
    By hoffray in forum Laser Veil Stealth Coating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 01:25 PM
  5. BEL V995 download updates from satelite????
    By crazyVOLVOrob in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •