Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 9500ix and 35.5

  1. #1
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    308

    Default 9500ix and 35.5

    I've noticed the performance on my ix on the NM State Trooper's 35.5's is a LOT better than Texas DPS 34.7s. I was just wondering why this is? How can a different frequency on the same band be detected over so much further range? None the less, I've been pretty impressed.

  2. #2
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: 9500ix and 35.5

    The ix has been known to have great 35.5 detection compared to other detectors. However, thats not to say the 34.7 detection isn't adequate either, its just usually harder for the ix to detect.

    I havn't been able to notice the disparity as much myself, as the staties here like to use 34.7 the most, and 35.5 is somewhat of a rarity used by the odd county compared to it. But as i said, i detect 34.7 just fine typically.

  3. #3
    snoopyc4
    Guest

    Default Re: 9500ix and 35.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkind View Post
    I've noticed the performance on my ix on the NM State Trooper's 35.5's is a LOT better than Texas DPS 34.7s. I was just wondering why this is? How can a different frequency on the same band be detected over so much further range? None the less, I've been pretty impressed.
    Probably because TX DPS love to use I/O (sometimes QT) Ka 34.7. My range against them can vary greatly. Sometimes, I can get over 1 mile against them and others not until I am right in their face:

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az6WDQDo_70]YouTube - Escort 9500ci and Whistler Pro 78SE vs. I/O Ka 34.7[/ame]

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,496

    Default Re: 9500ix and 35.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Footr View Post
    The ix has been known to have great 35.5 detection compared to other detectors. However, thats not to say the 34.7 detection isn't adequate either, its just usually harder for the ix to detect.

    I havn't been able to notice the disparity as much myself, as the staties here like to use 34.7 the most, and 35.5 is somewhat of a rarity used by the odd county compared to it. But as i said, i detect 34.7 just fine typically.
    X2, same experience here, word for word.

  5. #5
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: 9500ix and 35.5

    I detect C/O 34.7 just fine, but the range is nothing compared to 35.5. I just don't understand how there can be such a disparity between the two. Damned Texas DPS!

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SoCal - OC Style
    Posts
    2,478

    Default Re: 9500ix and 35.5

    I always had really good 34.7 detection with the 9500ix. One in particular was 2.4 miles C/O on a busy freeway.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 9500ix
    By JayLucavei in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 12:26 AM
  2. 9500ix or V1?
    By mikey101 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:04 PM
  3. New 9500ix on the way
    By F2AS in forum Escort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 02:31 PM
  4. 9500ix and V1
    By SoulSeeker in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 10:40 PM
  5. who needs a 9500ix?
    By SlapMyFro in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •