Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Escort Qi45

  1. #1

    Default Escort Qi45

    Hi-
    I saw that the Escort Qi45 has SmartShield VG2 Immunity, being that I am pretty clueless about radar detectors, does this provide any protection from radar detector-detectors? I live in VA and am looking for a remote-mount detector.
    I've been stopped before by a cop who thought I had a radar detector on my windshield (was similar looking but not one) so I am wanting something discrete.
    Thanks for any help, I've been looking at past posts and learning a lot.
    -Jon

  2. #2
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    13,879

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    No, it's an M4. It is not immune to Spectre. It's basically a remote mounted X50 and will have results against the Spectre similar to any of the Belscort M4 detectors at our last test event, which ranged in detection distances from 483 ft to 809 ft. The only RDs immune to Spectre are the Escort RedLine, Bel STi, Bel STi-r and Escort 9500ci.

    Radar Detector Tests and Reviews by Guys of LIDAR - LASER


  3. #3
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    Why does Escort need to advertise VG2 immunity in 2010?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    So my best bet would be to try to find an STI-R for sale?

    And with the radar detector-detector, I saw that some give a direction to the cop to where the detector signal is coming from, so if I'm driving in a somewhat busy area it would take the cop a little while to narrow down exactly which car it is, right? Where I'm at now (Northern VA) I rarely drive where I am the only car on the road, so if thats the case if I see an officer, hit the detector off for the minute or so until hes out of sight, would that make sense at all?
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    13,879

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    Quote Originally Posted by sled14 View Post
    So my best bet would be to try to find an STI-R for sale?
    The Bel STi-R has been discontinued, so they are difficult to find.

    Quote Originally Posted by sled14 View Post
    And with the radar detector-detector, I saw that some give a direction to the cop to where the detector signal is coming from, so if I'm driving in a somewhat busy area it would take the cop a little while to narrow down exactly which car it is, right? Where I'm at now (Northern VA) I rarely drive where I am the only car on the road, so if thats the case if I see an officer, hit the detector off for the minute or so until hes out of sight, would that make sense at all?
    Thanks
    If you buy one of the four detectors I mentioned above, the LEO's Spectre won't even alert, so no need to turn anything off. With a little experience, LEOs that use the Spectre don't have much problem picking out the driver that's using a radar detector.

  6. #6
    RadarBusters Associate
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,274

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    If your in VA go with the Redline or Sti Driver, whatever you decide, shoot me a pm when your ready to make the purchase and i'll hook you up with a deal

  7. #7
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    Quote Originally Posted by sled14 View Post
    if I'm driving in a somewhat busy area it would take the cop a little while to narrow down exactly which car it is, right? Where I'm at now (Northern VA) I rarely drive where I am the only car on the road, so if thats the case if I see an officer, hit the detector off for the minute or so until hes out of sight, would that make sense at all?
    Thanks
    I wouldn't rely on that as it may be quite risky. I believe you'd get caught sooner or later. At least where I live, cops aren't necessarily using marked cars. Sometimes they are cruising in an ordinary Volvo or Ford. Those are the cars which have Spectres installed. And when they're using Spectre, they do not run a radar at the same time = no way to notice them before they will notice you! In case they're using only marked patrol cars in VA, I'm sure they do have their own wicked ways to find the ones who are using detectors, like djrams allready stated.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    Thanks for the reply's I appreciate it. I'm thinking that I'll probably try to find an STi-R on ebay or somewhere for sale. The Redline and the Sti Driver look good but I've been pulled over before for having something that looks like a radar detector on my dash so would like to get a remote unit. Thanks again for the help!

  9. #9
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sanford, Florida, United States
    Posts
    625

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    Quote Originally Posted by dpatel01 View Post
    Why does Escort need to advertise VG2 immunity in 2010?
    The same reason they proudly advertise "Safety Warning System" as a feature and Cobra say they can detect a million different bands. It looks good on paper, and most people are too misinformed to know the difference.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Escort Qi45

    Quote Originally Posted by sled14 View Post
    Thanks for the reply's I appreciate it. I'm thinking that I'll probably try to find an STi-R on ebay or somewhere for sale. The Redline and the Sti Driver look good but I've been pulled over before for having something that looks like a radar detector on my dash so would like to get a remote unit. Thanks again for the help!
    I see a guy selling one new (STI-R), but opened box for 750 from last year. It's the only listing on Ebay.

    Anyway, I have hit page after page after page on the web, and either they are all sold ($ 500-700) or they are asking $1,000+ for it. I can't justify paying that for a discontinued model when I can get a 9500ci for the same price...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Valentine one or escort passport QI45
    By acsclio in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 07:50 AM
  2. Escort QI45 Review by Radar Roy
    By Radar Roy in forum Escort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
  3. Escort QI45 opinions?
    By bustersbuyer in forum Escort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 04:39 AM
  4. Escort Qi45
    By texasspeed in forum Escort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 08:03 PM
  5. saw ad for Escort Qi45 ,Preorder
    By sniper4usmc in forum Escort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 01:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •