Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    172

    Default Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?

    I'm just looking for ideas/advice for a LI install I'll be doing next week. I'd like to get prepared for it and I'm compiling a list. I won't need anything as far as tools as I've got all of that handled. Maybe someone might recommend something that I haven't thought of and will make for a nice clean install. Feel free to add to the list.

    Here's what I have so far:

    1) Black plastic conduit
    2) zip ties

  2. #2
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?

    3. Beer

    I think that's it if you say you have all the tools, I am going to be installing mine next week also, pretty excited!

  3. #3
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,842

    Default Re: Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?

    Grommet poker
    Fish tape/pull rod
    Drill
    Small level
    Yardstick
    Blue masking tape

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,859

    Default Re: Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?

    Double sided tape and shimms if you don't use the LI brackets. Drill that can make a 3/4 inch hole. Fishing string for allignheads. 3rd hand just in case. Hummmm.... Oh, tap for the power wire. Last thing, rent or find someone with a lidar gun.

  5. #5
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On the big road
    Posts
    3,100

    Default Re: Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?

    Duct tape and a claw hammer...

    You may want to pick up an external speaker. Mine was hard to hear with the CPU under the dash. You have to open the CPU case to run a speaker so it may save you from un-mounting the CPU in the future.

  6. #6
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    14,448

    Default Re: Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?

    4. Cowbell
    5. Swear Jar
    6. First Aid Kit

    "Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

    "im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

  7. #7
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    221

    Default Re: Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?

    7. A good welding torch

  8. #8
    Experienced
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?

    If you're using the supplied mounting brackets, spray paint the screws, nuts, and washers black.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 Audi RS4 Escort 9500ci Installation
    By snoopyc4 in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. 2009 Audi S5 V1/Escort ZR3 Installation
    By snoopyc4 in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 10:46 PM
  3. LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5
    By Ibis Ghost in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 09:54 AM
  4. 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Laser Jammer Placement Advice Needed
    By Desmosedici in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 06:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •