Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    Hi, I have been toying with the idea of adding rear heads to my new LI system but I am worried that out of the two LI alerts I have so far experienced at least one of those was caused by the headlights of other traffic.

    But rear heads would be continually exposed to the headlights of other cars. So I am curious, does adding a pair of rear heads lead to a significant increase in the number of false alarms?

    Also, does the LI system tell you when an alert came from the front or rear sensors?

    Thank you!

    Bob
    Last edited by Varactor; 05-15-2011 at 11:33 AM.

  2. #2
    Professional
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,284

    Default Re: Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    .
    Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:31 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Varactor View Post

    .... does adding a pair of rear heads lead to a significant increase in the number of false alarms?
    No, it does not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varactor View Post

    Also, does the LI system tell you when an alert came from the front or rear sensors?
    Presently, no, it does not.

  4. #4
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    No never had a false alert from the rears. To tell its my rear LIs I have a seperate CPU installed for front and back LIs. This will also allow me to have 4 heads front and back.

  5. #5
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    I'm giving this some thought - I hadn't considered also adding a second cpu but it might make the installation easier and also tell me where the threat is.

    Thank you all! Bob
    Last edited by Varactor; 05-14-2011 at 09:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,805

    Default Re: Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    I don't think headlights in general cause falses on LI, but Infinitis can, and you get one of those annoying vehicles behind you... it's bad enough with a V1.

    With separate CPUs for front and rear, if some annoying vehicle is setting off your rear heads, you can turn them off and leave your front end protected.
    If I'm passing you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

    If speed kills, how come I'm still alive?

    Active Countermeasures: V1 3.858, Escort Redline, Beltronics STi-R+, LI Dual 7.1x CPU/8.7 Heads (front)
    Other/Backup Countermeasures: V1 3.813 (loaned to friend), Beltronics Pro RX65 M4 6.3
    Vehicle: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    LEO Toys: Kustom Pro Laser II & III
    Encounters/Saves August 2011: Radar 3/1, Laser 0/0


  7. #7
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,859

    Default Re: Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    .
    Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:49 PM.

  8. #8
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    Thank you!

    I have decided to wait a few months just to see how things go with my front only v8.8 setup.

    I am seeing radar/laser traps in the ratio of about 10:1 although the laser trap is becoming far more common than it was here locally even just a year ago. They currently seem to be favoring it more on the freeways.

    At the moment whenever I have spotted them using LIDAR it has always been targeted from the front (although I'm sure that it is just a matter of time before they elaborate).

    Thanks again,

    Bob

  9. #9
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,859

    Default Re: Does adding rear LI heads lead to mainly seeing false alarms?

    .
    Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:49 PM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. V1 too many false alarms...
    By zakdk in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 04:02 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 08:52 PM
  3. Adding Additional Heads
    By RensoreK in forum Blinder Laser Jammers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 07:34 PM
  4. False alarms
    By Cobra_user in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 11:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •