Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lead Foot

Default Re: Laser LI Installed in Jetta 2012 Pictures

Good on you, man! It's definitely worth it to do it yourself if you have the know how and the tools (I don't, haha). Wouldn't trust BB as far as I could throw them, and that is overcharging for the install.

Keep up the good work!

Newcomer

I don't know why it got stared out but go to the K-Forty and see what places install the system near you. That is what I did just made sure I told them everything like laser is light. Need to be as straight as possible. I found another jetta that had blinders installed and used the pictures to show the guys. They did a fairly good job with it. The only thing im going to do is move the laser mounted in the rear to the licenses plate. It super easy to move them after they ran all the cords that was the hard part. I don't have the tools to drill through the firewall.

Experienced

yeh, im good man. I dont need to pay for install. My install is great. I am just getting ready to add 2 more jammers from cliff at Li and placement will not need to be as key as i have such a little car...the rear will be best place and have perfect spot for them. I have a friend who does 12v installs. he runs the wires through the firewall for me plugs in and i do the mounting of the jammers up front. so this is our second time installing and the blinder took about 4 hours(had to cut grill with dremmel, etc took longer. Then the second time tthis december 2012 we took the m27 jammers out, sold them on ebay and installed my new Li dual with no real problems...it was taking the same path as the blinders. If i didnt know what i was doing ide have to find someone and thanx for the help. I am lucky i had a stereo, amp installed already so getting through the firewall was easy since the amp wires were already there to go through the firewall. after that its all plug and play.
    i had to update the Li on my laptop with new firm 8.12 firm and 8.12 voice and this took me a few hours to nail down and get settings back to factory. in the end, i now know how to do the updates, and voice or settings which will be good as i keep doing the updates when they come out. My biggest thing is perfection on the mounting level. I have it set now and would prolly test fine but i wanna use the extra big aluminum brackets to use this time so the jammers are more secure than on 3m tape. I like the 3m but how is it holding at 50mph. is it flapping a little. well adding the bracket and making the surface area completly level with some adhesive like silicone or something like this, then 3m the bracket to the surface that leveled, then screw the jammer in allowing me to turn side to side for adjustments. where once the 3m is on theres no adjusting. so anyways, going to tackle this this week.