Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Power User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,939

    Default Re: Drive-Smart = Drive-Dissapointment? Sure, but it makes s

    Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    I'm sick of hearing about DS when no product is available for purchase. If you can't buy it why do people care?
    Then why post about DS?
    Read the original post. Go to "the point" section and reread.

    Save this forum from talking about stuff that doesn't matter. Just talk about the products actually for sale and then we'll save this forum from turning into the crap it has turned into these past few months.

    JTW
    Drive-Smart's Defender2 isn't for sale.

  2. #12
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    JTW, You have the option to buy a Def2 right now on preorder... Oh, I forgot they said they are shipping the end of this month... Dang it, it IS the end of the month...

    Who wants to sign up to take delivery? Oh, I forgot GOL already signed up to take delivery...

    Longsnowsm
    Yeah the UPS, Fedex, and DHL trucks came by my house many times but never stopped. I dont want to hear one more thing about DS and pulse ultra link, etc. Phantasy product at its best. Too bad I hate myths :cry: :cry: :cry:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default Re: Drive-Smart = Drive-Dissapointment? Sure, but it makes s

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    It's truly dissapointing Drive-Smart was unable to send a unit to the GoL for testing, however does it really make that big of a deal for your purchasing decission? Lets get real here folks!
    My answer is simply yes, Chris.

    The reasoning for this is: We were told that Drive-Smart was SUPPOSED to be out last fall. Then, it was pushed back to the first of the year. Now, we are into late spring....going on summer. That, in and of itself, is a HUGE disappointment. BUT....the folks at Drive-Smart HAVE TO know how important this testing is. This is HUGE free publicity and a chance for them to get their name not only out, but their "reputation" established at the same time. This could have been HUGE for their sales and reputation. After all, the GOL team have been preparing for this for several MONTHS now! And months AFTER the date which their product was ORIGINALLY said to be released! The GOL date was set out a long time in advance, and if I'm not mistaken, even pushed back a few weeks.

    So considering how many people have put off purchasing decisions and waited for these results....only to be greeted with this news....and yes, I think it is reasonable for folks to look elsewhere and say the heck with DS. Maybe they can rebuilt their rep and credibility over time, but I don't think that anyone will be (or should) hold their breath any longer. If people give up on them, then I (for one) can't really blame them one bit.....
    I understand how a "test" is a test, but this GoL test does nothing for the consumer. Let's say DS did send a unit to the test and it blew everyone away?! Who cares! It's not a blind purchase and it could be juiced. GoL is testing how well you can juice units, not what the consumer is actually getting on this round. Later on they can do some blind puchases, but until then these tests don't prove anything.

    JTW

  4. #14
    Longsnowsm
    Guest

    Default

    We all know that these tests do in fact influence our buying decisions. We all know that GOL is just an extension of us... The RD, LJ, countermeasures hobbiest. While this test is mostly geared toward prototypes this time around it is relevant to our thinking and buying. If something comes out on top at GOL it gets put on a lot of peoples list to watch for the retail product. I know for me personally I will still wait until I can see some blind retail copies tested, but these tests do in fact matter and do influence decisions. The fact that this batch of jammers are prototypes should be taken into consideration when thinking about buying one, and it would be wise to wait for retail copy test results. I would hope that everyone would realize this, but it is worth repeating.

    So I would say lets not try to degrade the relevance of these tests. They are in fact important to most of us. I think the turn of events with DS now has folks looking for a way to play down the significance of what GOL is doing. Frankly that is a slap in the face of the good folks doing us all a great service. Let's not let DS's failures become the shortcomings of GOL.

    Longsnowsm

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    We all know that these tests do in fact influence our buying decisions. We all know that GOL is just an extension of us... The RD, LJ, countermeasures hobbiest. While this test is mostly geared toward prototypes this time around it is relevant to our thinking and buying. If something comes out on top at GOL it gets put on a lot of peoples list to watch for the retail product. I know for me personally I will still wait until I can see some blind retail copies tested, but these tests do in fact matter and do influence decisions. The fact that this batch of jammers are prototypes should be taken into consideration when thinking about buying one, and it would be wise to wait for retail copy test results. I would hope that everyone would realize this, but it is worth repeating.

    So I would say lets not try to degrade the relevance of these tests. They are in fact important to most of us. I think the turn of events with DS now has folks looking for a way to play down the significance of what GOL is doing. Frankly that is a slap in the face of the good folks doing us all a great service. Let's not let DS's failures become the shortcomings of GOL.

    Longsnowsm
    I am not bad mouthing GoL for one second. GoL is credible at testing the units at hand in an unbiased fashion, however they're testing prototypes and I'm afraid people will think these prototypes represent retail unit performance. That would be a mistake.

    JTW

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default Re: Drive-Smart = Drive-Dissapointment? Sure, but it makes s

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    I'm sick of hearing about DS when no product is available for purchase. If you can't buy it why do people care?
    Then why post about DS?
    Read the original post. Go to "the point" section and reread.

    Save this forum from talking about stuff that doesn't matter. Just talk about the products actually for sale and then we'll save this forum from turning into the crap it has turned into these past few months.

    JTW
    Drive-Smart's Defender2 isn't for sale.
    You're making my head hurt. I posted that thread so people could combine all the talk about non-existant jammers into one thread, so I don't have to read bitc*ing all day long in every single other thread.

    JTW

  7. #17
    Longsnowsm
    Guest

    Default

    I completely agree that when GOL posts the results they should really stress that point. As long as people are aware that this may or may not be representative of the retail product that is completely fair.

    I hope that future tests will come back to the roots of the forum which is to test retail product. I think it is fine to do the prototype tests, but they should be a gee look at what the jammer industry is doing sorta thing. I think if we can get that sort of balance then nothing but good can come from the independent testing.

    Longsnowsm

  8. #18
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    I completely agree that when GOL posts the results they should really stress that point. As long as people are aware that this may or may not be representative of the retail product that is completely fair.

    I hope that future tests will come back to the roots of the forum which is to test retail product. I think it is fine to do the prototype tests, but they should be a gee look at what the jammer industry is doing sorta thing. I think if we can get that sort of balance then nothing but good can come from the independent testing.

    Longsnowsm
    We are working on this but it will take everyone's assistance
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  9. #19
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Of course, anything we test that is a manufacturer-provided prototype will be clearly designated as such. We would never misrepresent anything.

  10. #20
    Longsnowsm
    Guest

    Default

    I think if you guys let us know what you need we will figure out how to get it done. We all really appreciate the hours, work, and sacrifices you all are making to do these tests... <Hats off>

    I know you guys all say "well it is our hobby and we would be doing it anyway", but that isn't completely true. You guys might be doing a little test here, and there, but not spending this kind of time, money, and effort. All I can say is THANKS.

    I have seen that you guys have all expressed an interest in bringing this back to retail blind purchases. I think this is probably the best way to go. Now for the tough part of figuring out how to make that work. Either volunteers sending in units to test or we find a way to fund the purchases and then raffle off the jammers after the test. Should be interesting to see what you come up with.

    Longsnowsm

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 08:44 AM
  2. Will I get Warranty on my Drive Smart??
    By tactical22 in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 09:10 AM
  3. Drive Smart bring it!!
    By outrun in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 03:00 PM
  4. DRIVE SMART RELEASED SOON
    By stalker in forum Other Countermeasures
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 03:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •