Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    335

    Default Bel's old tests, Michael B's tests... any other lab results?

    Between the two sources mentioned in the subject, this is what I've pulled thus far (quoting my own post from the sensitivity numbers sticky):

    Quote Originally Posted by Veri
    Added the Bel 980 from the GT test for kicks; different test environments and all, I know, but interesting in comparison.

    Data:



    Bar graph, ordered by average Ka performance, then K:

    Now, I'd like to have some numbers for other relatively high-end units, but I don't know of any other sources for such. Does anyone know something I don't?

  2. #2
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Nope, you pretty much got it.

    In one way, it is a good thing that we aren't getting sensitivity data on different detectors from from a lot of different sources. Different test environments can yield different results, sometimes by several dB.

    If two different detectors are tested in the same lab, they can be compared by looking at the relative sensitivity data between them. But if one detector is measured in one lab and the other detector is measured in another, the two really cannot be compared to each other because of possible differences between the two test environments.

  3. #3
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Yeah, tell me about it; as a psych major, we're pretty much drilled on experimental design across much of the coursework :?

    It's certainly still interesting to see, though. It'd be nice if we could get additional x50s or RX models to Michael...

  4. #4
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    I remember seeing sensitivity numbers on the Specifications section of owner's manual for some RD's. I think the original PASSPORT had something like that. Of course, Cincinnati Microwave wouldn't lie :wink:

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I remember seeing sensitivity numbers on the Specifications section of owner's manual for some RD's. I think the original PASSPORT had something like that. Of course, Cincinnati Microwave wouldn't lie :wink:
    Original Passport:

    112 dB X band
    105 dB K band



  7. #7
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    PNI has them for the Silver Bullet:
    http://www.pnicorp.com/supportProduct?nodeId=cSBs

  8. #8

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Looking at some lab tests and field tests
    By steve f in forum Escort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
  2. Pro 78 (Rev C) tests with 34.7 ka
    By Jag42 in forum Whistler
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 08:46 PM
  3. Pro 78 (Rev C) tests with 34.7 ka
    By Jag42 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 05:11 PM
  4. What U Want From Our Tests
    By specialchicken in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 10:01 PM
  5. Michael B's Test Results for the Valentine One 3.826
    By jimbonzzz in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 08:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •