Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Default Delayed Reaction?

    Today, I am driving west approching an overpass running north to south. On my left is the exit ramp for the expressway. As I get close, My Bel 895 gives me a POP alert so I slow down. A few seconds later, I get a Ka alert with 2 bars, it is then that I notice a local LEO has just exited from the expressway. As I pass right in front of him, my Ka nevr climbs past 2. As soon as I pass, he turns and starts heading East, away from me. I then get a full Ka alert for about 2 seconds then nothing.

    All of this happened in less than 2o seconds or so and I was wondering if the 895 could have a delayed reaction? Or, did the Leo have the radar pointed out the rear which caused the full on alert?

    Sorry for my ignorance, just trying to learn a little...

  2. #2
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    6,538

    Default could

    Sounds like a delayed reaction but not sure?

  3. #3
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,015

    Default

    I have noticed, that it seems the V895 really alerts on a level of '2' very often, I have had this happen even within a few hundred feet with sparse traffic between the LEO and the detector.


    I would have to say the V895 seems to have a rather spot-on reaction, of course it will have some delay but I would assume less-then a second.


    Also the LEO may have had a rear-facing radar antenna.... this could explain the odd alerting.

  4. #4

    Default

    not sure if this helps but in Roy's radar test in 2005 the V895 had a delayed time (reaction time) of .77 sec's. and the V995 had the fastest reaction time of .60 sec's compared to the V1's 1.01 sec's reaction time. It could have been a number of things...the leo had his exterior radar pointed sideways and your V895 did not pick up enough signal to give you a strong signal. My V995 have picked up leo's up from .5 and up over a mile at a 90 deg. and I was still picking up a good signal to tell me that they are around.

  5. #5
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Quattro
    not sure if this helps but in Roy's radar test in 2005 the V895 had a delayed time (reaction time) of .77 sec's. and the V995 had the fastest reaction time of .60 sec's compared to the V1's 1.01 sec's reaction time.
    I don't think it was actually Roy who did that test, just a link from his website to the test... and to be honest it may not be all that accurate, as it was done with a stop-watch I think.

  6. #6
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    **856**
    Posts
    379

    Default

    I had the same thing happen with my x50 the other day kindof. I'm on the highway and the x50 was silent. Then a motorcycle cop gets of the exit and I'm still on the hw. When he gets in front of me, it goes off full ka, so I'm assuming he had rear radar which was probably the case with you too

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MD - Red Light Camera Delayed Again
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
  2. XTR-695 delayed band ID?
    By RebelGent in forum Whistler
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 12:38 AM
  3. AZ - Deployment of devices for photo radar delayed
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 09:11 AM
  4. TX - Dallas red light cameras may be delayed
    By edweird in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 08:42 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 04:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •