Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Good enough, I just know you like your V1 and didn't want you to fall into a false allure that having the ability to know what freq was in use actually made any more difference than having an arrow trying to show you what direction it was coming from would make.

    In the end it all means the same, an alert is an alert and if it looks like its a real one then you better be bracing yourself for it.

    Would suck for you though to be the first one in your area to find out the hard way they now have POP capable guns there and you like most people have POP turned off.

    If POP was as useful as they claim though we would be seeing it in heavy use. Clearly there is something wrong with it and all the hype behind it is only due to MPH radar manufacturer advertising. They definitely have it available where I live and they don't seem to be using it except for a single incident where I've come to decide he was just playing with it or experimenting.

    Maybe I just take knowing the freq for granted after a while, I do still write down what freqs I encounter and make note of where I see them at, as well as if it was a false, an IO or a CO. Just trying to put the data together and find patterns out of curiosity I suppose.

  2. #12
    Professional
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    southwest michigan
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    i love my v1. i got 3 more BIG saves yesterday. just some areas i drive through are a nightmare as far as having a ton of bogies (k-band), and i tend to do a few over psl, and they set up k-band traps. and being on the local hotlist, i tend to get pulled over all the time for bunk reasons. plus, being a rd.net freak, and enjoying this as a hobby as well as "wallet savings", have a freq display would be great. i'll never get rid of the v1 though.....ZOMBIE HARDCORE

  3. #13
    Legal in 41 States
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Champaign
    Posts
    1,686

    Default

    Naperville K is 24.159, 24.168, and 24.176 if you care to know.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New Jersey Drivers **Radar Bands by Town Updated to Sticky**
    By yemntftb in forum Local & Regional Info
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 10:07 AM
  2. Radar Freq.
    By silverado_76 in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 07:47 PM
  3. What radar gun uses Ka-band......34.248 freq?
    By Audi Quattro in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 08:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •