Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Milton, Florida
    Posts
    112

    Default i have never got a laser alert!!

    Is this because it isn't used in my area or no? Because my 9500i has never alerted to laser even on long trips or nothing. But it saved me like 5 times on a long trip so i have no complaints. I just wanna know what happens when it picks up laser... =/

  2. #2
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,789

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang_guy17 View Post
    Is this because it isn't used in my area or no? Because my 9500i has never alerted to laser even on long trips or nothing. But it saved me like 5 times on a long trip so i have no complaints. I just wanna know what happens when it picks up laser... =/
    ^^ If you're getting hit with lidar from the front, it is usually obvious. All of my lidar encounters in town have been the same. NYSP sitting perpendicular to the road, less than ten feet from the road, drivers side window down, shooting the gun. It has happened several times that neither my 9500i nor my 8500 x50 has alerted when I have encountered this senario. I don't know whether it was because he wasn't shooting me, or he wasn't shooting anyone at the time or my RD's are mounted too high, hard to say. I have gotten real alerts however and my 9500i falses to bright sunlight so I know what the alert sounds like.

  3. #3
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    ...
    Last edited by lammy08; 05-19-2014 at 10:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,686

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    Be happy it is not used in your area a lot. That way you can get away form not having to use a jammer.

  5. #5
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,015

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lammy08 View Post
    Go and collect EVERY remote control in your house and go out to ur car. turn on detector and press the volume button or channel button on remote and aim at detector... try with each remote.

    x2, Most likely one of these will set it off (try to put the detector below the tint-band for this testing though!


    LASER comes up on the screen and its loud... that pretty much the deal with it.


    ALSO I agree with the above: Be very happy its not used in your area because instead of saying 'Laser' it might as well say 'Ticket' without a jammer.

  6. #6
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    I've never picked up one either. Been in traffic 3 times where motorcycle PO's were using the Prolites. First time mounted on dashboard. I decided to mount it high above rearview mirror and hardwire it after that. I just stay within 10 over PSL. In Austin,TX you are 99% safe at that speed. They let you drive a little faster here than other parts of the country. I have a new 8500 X50 Blue.

  7. #7
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    City of the flying uterus
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    ^
    x2
    +9 in Austin you are OK unless it’s DPS/Travis/Williamson County. Those pri**s will write their own mama a ticket for looking at them the wrong way. Round Rock, Kyle, Liberty Hill will get you for +5 (I have even heard of a few instances of +2 in Round Rock, the one LEO that does this I have named him Elmer Fudd because of the striking resemblance).

  8. #8
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    ^
    x2
    +9 in Austin you are OK unless it’s DPS/Travis/Williamson County. Those pri**s will write their own mama a ticket for looking at them the wrong way. Round Rock, Kyle, Liberty Hill will get you for +5 (I have even heard of a few instances of +2 in Round Rock, the one LEO that does this I have named him Elmer Fudd because of the striking resemblance).
    Ewww you're bringing back bad memories for me. I got a speeding ticket in Round Rock YEARS ago. Luckily that thing never went on my Cali record. 74 in a 45, I plead guilty on that one cus I was young and dumb, and 74 in a 45 is just way to excessive, even for me.

  9. #9
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    ^
    x2
    +9 in Austin you are OK unless it’s DPS/Travis/Williamson County. Those pri**s will write their own mama a ticket for looking at them the wrong way. Round Rock, Kyle, Liberty Hill will get you for +5 (I have even heard of a few instances of +2 in Round Rock, the one LEO that does this I have named him Elmer Fudd because of the striking resemblance).
    Yeah I try to avoid Williamson County. I've went by Travis County motorcycle running radar before I got the detector going 8-9 over. Been fortunate not a speeding ticket in over 20 years. Out of town within 5 over. Highway 7 over.

  10. #10
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    13,879

    Default Re: i have never got a laser alert!!

    Laser alert sounds like this. Thanks to forum member transammatt for this video:

    YouTube - pro laser 3 shot from overpass

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 06:52 AM
  2. STi laser alert
    By Xen0n flash in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 07:12 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 06:50 PM
  4. x50 laser alert?
    By Mackid343 in forum Escort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 07:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •