Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    Slightly OT but does your S5 have Audi Side Assist? My wife's 8500 just crapped out and I'm thinking of giving her my 9500ix and moving to a V1. However, from what I hear V1's and Side Assist don't get along well unless POP is disabled. My 9500ix doesn't get activated by the Side Assist radar sensors. Thanks again, and thanks for the info on the install. I'll go check the clutch pedal grommet again tonight.

    For my PA/Jam switch I might mount it lower and out of sight under the dash, sort of next to the CPU location you mentioned. Right now my CPU is right in front of the OBD port (which is still accessible by my VAG-COM - do you have one of those??).

  2. #12
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    Yes, my S5 has the Audi Side Assist and it does give alerts on the V1. My version of the V1 does not have POP but I still get alerts, so I've basically disabled K Band. I've been told by Valentine Research that disabling POP will get rid of the false alerts but I don't have POP and POP works on K Band and that's my only choice. I've heard that disabling POP disables K Band also, but not sure on that.

    I a Vag cable for all of my Audi's but haven't bought one for this car. The last cable I had I sold it with the car as it would not work with the S5.

  3. #13
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    Where did you get that fuse box adapter/plug?

    Nice install!

  4. #14
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    Quote Originally Posted by jermstyle View Post
    Where did you get that fuse box adapter/plug?

    Nice install!
    Any auto parts store. It's called Add-a-fuse.

  5. #15
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    I'll be updating this install in a bit. I went to buy an external speaker only to discover a better way to get more sound and make it stock-like.

  6. #16
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    I just uploaded more photos of where I installed the external speaker. I went out and bought a little 3.5" 4ohm speaker. When I got it in the shop and started browsing around on where I was going to put it, I just could not find a decent spot. I mean I wanted it to fit in the car like it was stock. After about an hour of looking around, I glanced at my front dash and something interested me. On my car I have speakers in the center of the dash, almost like a center speaker. Well I pulled the dash center grille off and what do ya know there was a tiny little center speaker about 2.5" diameter. I unplugged it and hooked it up to the LI module and it sounded pretty good. In the center dash area there is two spots on each side of the center speaker. The one on the right of the center speaker looked like it would be a perfect spot for another one of these little 2.5" factory B&O speakers. I ran the wires behind the dash down to the LI module and got it all hooked up and it sounds great. I needed to turn it down quite a bit but it's a perfect spot for the external speaker. Now I can return the speakers I just bought and buy the factory 2.5" speaker.

    I will have to buy a new speaker to replace the sound system speaker but it will just plug right in and then bolt it back up.

    My next modification is to add a red LED in the airbag trim piece on the drivers pillar like I saw in another LI install from the BMW forums. It basically just tied in with the LI power switch and flashed when it was getting an alert. My goal is to have it remain unlit/off, until the Laser Interceptor alerts me for laser and then it would flash. I'm no electrical engineer but I think this could be accomplished. Let me know if you have an idea of how this could be done.

    Thanks, enjoy!

  7. #17
    Power User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,823

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Ghost View Post
    I just uploaded more photos of where I installed the external speaker. I went out and bought a little 3.5" 4ohm speaker. When I got it in the shop and started browsing around on where I was going to put it, I just could not find a decent spot. I mean I wanted it to fit in the car like it was stock. After about an hour of looking around, I glanced at my front dash and something interested me. On my car I have speakers in the center of the dash, almost like a center speaker. Well I pulled the dash center grille off and what do ya know there was a tiny little center speaker about 2.5" diameter. I unplugged it and hooked it up to the LI module and it sounded pretty good. In the center dash area there is two spots on each side of the center speaker. The one on the right of the center speaker looked like it would be a perfect spot for another one of these little 2.5" factory B&O speakers. I ran the wires behind the dash down to the LI module and got it all hooked up and it sounds great. I needed to turn it down quite a bit but it's a perfect spot for the external speaker. Now I can return the speakers I just bought and buy the factory 2.5" speaker.

    I will have to buy a new speaker to replace the sound system speaker but it will just plug right in and then bolt it back up.

    My next modification is to add a red LED in the airbag trim piece on the drivers pillar like I saw in another LI install from the BMW forums. It basically just tied in with the LI power switch and flashed when it was getting an alert. My goal is to have it remain unlit/off, until the Laser Interceptor alerts me for laser and then it would flash. I'm no electrical engineer but I think this could be accomplished. Let me know if you have an idea of how this could be done.

    Thanks, enjoy!

    I am curious if you got a small speaker box like the bel one and it would fit down in there and call it a day, since it will be hidden by the grill anyway.
    Last edited by focalcivic; 03-19-2010 at 07:14 AM.

  8. #18
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    Very nice car and very nice install. Congrats.

  9. #19
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Ghost View Post
    I just uploaded more photos of where I installed the external speaker. I went out and bought a little 3.5" 4ohm speaker. When I got it in the shop and started browsing around on where I was going to put it, I just could not find a decent spot. I mean I wanted it to fit in the car like it was stock. After about an hour of looking around, I glanced at my front dash and something interested me. On my car I have speakers in the center of the dash, almost like a center speaker. Well I pulled the dash center grille off and what do ya know there was a tiny little center speaker about 2.5" diameter. I unplugged it and hooked it up to the LI module and it sounded pretty good. In the center dash area there is two spots on each side of the center speaker. The one on the right of the center speaker looked like it would be a perfect spot for another one of these little 2.5" factory B&O speakers. I ran the wires behind the dash down to the LI module and got it all hooked up and it sounds great. I needed to turn it down quite a bit but it's a perfect spot for the external speaker. Now I can return the speakers I just bought and buy the factory 2.5" speaker.

    I will have to buy a new speaker to replace the sound system speaker but it will just plug right in and then bolt it back up.

    My next modification is to add a red LED in the airbag trim piece on the drivers pillar like I saw in another LI install from the BMW forums. It basically just tied in with the LI power switch and flashed when it was getting an alert. My goal is to have it remain unlit/off, until the Laser Interceptor alerts me for laser and then it would flash. I'm no electrical engineer but I think this could be accomplished. Let me know if you have an idea of how this could be done.

    Thanks, enjoy!

    I am curious if you got a small speaker box like the bel one and it would fit down in there and call it a day, since it will be hidden by the grill anyway.
    On the back of the little speaker it says its 4ohm and I can't imagine it's power being anything but very low probably 20watts.

  10. #20
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: LI DH and V1 in 2009 Audi S5

    very nice

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 Audi RS4 Escort 9500ci Installation
    By snoopyc4 in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. 2009 Audi S5 V1/Escort ZR3 Installation
    By snoopyc4 in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 10:46 PM
  3. Items needed for a LI install in 2009 Audi S5?
    By Ibis Ghost in forum Laser Interceptor
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 01:56 AM
  4. CFL 10 - 17 May 2009
    By ELVATO in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 06-27-2009, 03:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •