Quote Originally Posted by A_Harry_Nutczak
what would you do with multiple threats of different bands then? The screen would need to be the size of a TV to give you what the current design does now if it were to be changed to use your idea's (nice idea though, not bashing)
I think the V-1 is right where it needs to be and it is designed to be that way. How many times would you have dismissed a single LEO as your alert when there is many in ambush if it was not for the counter?

There are comprimises for everything, and from I have read about Mr. V. he does not compromise, I have heard that this guys ego enters the room 20 minutes before he does, and that is exactly the kind of guy I want designing my radar detector.
I think you missunderstood me. I don't mean use the current bogey counter as a way to tell you what band the v1 is receiving, I mean make a completely separate readout (similar to the bogey counter), and use that to show the bands. You'd still have your bogey counter, and it wouldn't take up anymore space, and as I think about it, it would probably take up less space that the current band identification LEDs and their labels.

However I agree this is a very small problem with the v1, and actually the v1's interface is my favorite of all the detectors. I also like the v1's volume control as a knob instead of buttons.