I wish I had video of this..it was amazing!
Traveling eastbound down a long stretch of M-55 between Manistee and Wellston in NW Lower Michigan recently, I picked up with my V-1 1.8 POP2 Ka Band at an excellent distance. (South Huff Road initial alert....to near Highbridge Road met up with trooper). It is a pretty thick tree-lined two lane highway...mostly straight with one major dip between South Huff and Highbridge.)
At first alert, I reset my odometer. At first I thought it was a junk signal because a half-dozen cars were passing me at the time....but NO "J" alert! It was Ka arrow ahead with 2 LEDS for about 3 seconds. After a few more Ka Alerts (ranging from 3 LED to 6 LEDS( it went silent for awhile.) Then a Ka Full Alert Ahead. Coming at me was a State Trooper. We passed at, on my odometer, at 2 miles. Double that for total distance (obviously there IS some potential error IF he was stationary for a while then started moving). But I have never ever encountered Ka detection like that. Maybe the Trooper had the radar on Super Duper High Power!
Wish I had video.




Reply With Quote

Bookmarks