Thread: Serial #

Good Citizen

Default Serial #

...if I punch in the serial # on V1 upgrade web page, I get the answer that I already have the highest version there is...can anybody corroborate what that is?

Power User

Default Re: Serial #

Quote Originally Posted by ZR1jag View Post
    ...if I punch in the serial # on V1 upgrade web page, I get the answer that I already have the highest version there is...can anybody corroborate what that is?
    you can check the version on yourself, just take it into program mode...

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR1jag View Post
    you can check the version on yourself, just take it into program mode...
    don't have the unit yet but in progress of buying...so the versions could differ even if it tells me that its the highest?

Radar Fanatic

Yes. It's telling you that you have a V1 1.8. What version it is may be different. For instance, a 3.863, 3.864, and a 3.872 (I believe) are all the latest versions - meaning a V1 1.8.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Yes. It's telling you that you have a V1 1.8. What version it is may be different. For instance, a 3.863, 3.864, and a 3.872 (I believe) are all the latest versions - meaning a V1 1.8.
    ^Changes are made to firmware to tweak an issue or adjust for new parts used in manufacturing. If V1 adds a feature and you check your version online, the description may note that it is the latest performer......except for (given feature). Euro mode or POP are good examples of this. Your V1 may perform as well as new versions with the features you have, yet lack something added later. (I believe the versions listed above all have the same features)
    Last edited by ATSRADAR; 09-23-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ATSRADAR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    ^Changes are made to firmware to tweak an issue or adjust for new parts used in manufacturing. If V1 adds a feature and you check your version online, the description may note that it is the latest performer......except for (given feature). Euro mode or POP are good examples of this. Your V1 may perform as well as new versions with the features you have, yet lack something added later. (I believe the versions listed above all have the same features)
    Yes they do. The 3.864 to 3.872 was due to a part supplied by a different vendor.

Power User

Although they're the same, tests have reported differences in performance.