Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Hey guys. Just wanted to share my thoughts. I got my V1 a few weeks ago after returning my 9500ix. I made the switch because of all the information on this forum.

    I initially said in a couple of posts that 'who knows?' maybe I will end up returning the V1 and picking up the 9500ix again.

    Well, guess what? - That is DEFINITELY not going to happen. This piece of equipment that is manufactured by VR is ridiculously amazing when compared to other detectors I have used(multiple Escorts, Bel 955i, an occasional Whistler, and yes, I have even borrowed a Cobra in the past). The directional arrows - AMAZING - even if they're only amazing because they are not on any other RD(yet, anyways).

    I just found out today that the GOL 2009 radar results were posted on GOL's site and, if you have looked at them, you can see that the results CLEARLY coincide with my post here. I believe, to quote from another member's sig., that the Valentine 1 is, without a doubt, the greatest radar detector ever made. Period.

    If money allowed I would love to run a 9500ci(w/o the shifters) or a STi R with my V1 but only being able to run one I think that the choice is simple. V1 all the way.

    As for the 9500ix, well, what can I say, they only way I would really feel safe using one is if I was on my bicycle. I will stick to my V1 in my cars.

    I guess I'm zombified. Great work Valentine Research


  2. #2
    snoopyc4
    Guest

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Quote Originally Posted by wootham View Post
    I believe, to quote from another member's sig., that the Valentine 1 is, without a doubt, the greatest radar detector ever made. Period.
    That would be me. Invite sent.

  3. #3
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW FL
    Posts
    1,633

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Quote Originally Posted by wootham View Post
    If money allowed I would love to run a 9500ci(w/o the shifters) or a STi R with my V1 but only being able to run one I think that the choice is simple. V1 all the way.
    My wife just gave me the ok to buy an STi-R to add to my V1.....

    But I had to agree to sell a set of my lightweight racing wheels.

    Oh well.

  4. #4
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    yes V1 is the Godly one lol
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  5. #5
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Well, you did the right thing. You tested for yourself and picked what suited you, your driving style, and your geographic area best. The V1 may be overwhelming for some, but for those who get it - we get it.

  6. #6
    Experienced
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wootham View Post
    If money allowed I would love to run a 9500ci(w/o the shifters) or a STi R with my V1 but only being able to run one I think that the choice is simple. V1 all the way.
    My wife just gave me the ok to buy an STi-R to add to my V1.....

    But I had to agree to sell a set of my lightweight racing wheels.

    Oh well.
    You will be glad you did. I love the V1 STi-R combo!

  7. #7
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    14,448

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
    But I had to agree to sell a set of my lightweight racing wheels.

    Oh well.
    Isn't it about time you moved up to heavyweight racing anyhow?

    "Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

    "im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

  8. #8
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW FL
    Posts
    1,633

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
    But I had to agree to sell a set of my lightweight racing wheels.

    Oh well.
    Isn't it about time you moved up to heavyweight racing anyhow?

  9. #9
    Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Quote Originally Posted by METEORIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wootham View Post
    If money allowed I would love to run a 9500ci(w/o the shifters) or a STi R with my V1 but only being able to run one I think that the choice is simple. V1 all the way.
    My wife just gave me the ok to buy an STi-R to add to my V1.....

    But I had to agree to sell a set of my lightweight racing wheels.

    Oh well.
    You will be glad you did. I love the V1 STi-R combo!
    X2 I think it is the ultimate highway combo.

  10. #10
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW FL
    Posts
    1,633

    Default Re: V1 Rocks. Hands Down.

    Quote Originally Posted by rsatmans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by METEORIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wootham View Post
    If money allowed I would love to run a 9500ci(w/o the shifters) or a STi R with my V1 but only being able to run one I think that the choice is simple. V1 all the way.
    My wife just gave me the ok to buy an STi-R to add to my V1.....

    But I had to agree to sell a set of my lightweight racing wheels.

    Oh well.
    You will be glad you did. I love the V1 STi-R combo!
    X2 I think it is the ultimate highway combo.
    I want the redundancy. And I just doubt new detectors will be built with this much control available to the end user. (ie Ka segmenting)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. idle hands at 4 am
    By hemihem in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 09:37 PM
  2. How do i get my hands on a stalker Lz-1
    By alpinestars_2002795 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 08:02 PM
  3. Hands across the sea....
    By scene in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 04:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •