Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    807

    Default V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    I have a V1 integrated with a Cheetah gps mirror. All 3 units (V1, mirror & RDI) are grouped very closely together at the mirror.

    I bought the V1 remote display when I bought the V1, but I have not installed it. I'm not convinced I need to use it, and I may return it.

    Now I have ordered a LI. As I understand it, the LI has the capability of integrating with the V1 or the Cheetah. I don't know what that would do for me though. I'm leaning toward no LI integration at all. To use the KISS principle.

    I understand it is also possible to integrate the LI with the car's audio system, but I'm not sure what real benefit that is eaither.

    To complicate matters though, in the future I would ultimately like to also have a remote mounted 9500ci or sti-R. I'm wondering if integration might be useful in that situation.

    For now though, is there any reason not to just do a stand alone install of the LI, with no integration?
    Last edited by Radar; 10-04-2009 at 10:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,842

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I have a V1 integrated with a Cheetah gps mirror. All 3 units (V1, mirror & RDI) are grouped very closely together at the mirror.

    Now I have ordered a LI. As I understand it, the LI has the capability of integrating with the V1 or the Cheetah. I don't know what that would do for me though. I'm leaning toward no LI integration at all. To use the KISS principle.
    What is the nature of this integration? Does the Cheetah filter the output of the LI somehow like it does for the V1?

    I understand it is also possible to integrate the LI with the car's audio system, but I'm not sure what real benefit that is eaither.
    If the audio output from your LI can be routed through your car stereo, that saves you the hassle of finding a good mounting place for a standalone speaker.

    For now though, is there any reason not to just do a stand alone install of the LI, with no integration?
    In order to answer that I would need to know more about what this integration entails. Can you summarize what the functionality is?

  3. #3

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post

    I understand it is also possible to integrate the LI with the car's audio system, but I'm not sure what real benefit that is eaither.
    The LI's External Speaker Provision cannot be integrated into your existing automobile stereo system as the voltage from the feed will damage the LI's audio circuit. You must use a dedicated external speaker.

    Cliff - LI-USA/LI-Canada/LI-UK

  4. #4
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post
    What is the nature of this integration? Does the Cheetah filter the output of the LI somehow like it does for the V1?
    Here is what Cheetah says about integration of the mirror and a laser jammer:

    "Fitting a traditional jammer system is difficult on most cars, and impossible on some. Our kit is wireless which means you can now keep the entire jammer assembly in your engine bay. Laser trap alerts are transmitted wirelessly to inside the car so you don't have to run any awkward cables from the engine or drill any holes! This means fitting a jammer with our kit is much faster and easier than a standard install."

    However, it appears that the LI is not compatible with the Cheetah, as it is not listed on their website as a compatible product:


    EDIT: It appears that the link above is to a page that had not been updated as of the time of these posts. It is a link to the UK site rather than the USA site, and the USA site clearly has LI compatible products for sale.

    As of now, I do not have the LI installed.
    Last edited by Radar; 10-05-2009 at 07:06 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    However, it appears that the LI is not compatible with the Cheetah, as it is not listed on their website as a compatible product:
    Cheetah Advanced Technologies Ltd > Wireless fitting kit for Laser Jammers

    NOTE* - The Cheetah does NOT support the LI's Voice Alerts.

    Cliff - LI-USA/LI-Canada/LI-UK
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 10-04-2009 at 12:29 PM.

  6. #6
    Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    I have the mirror with v1 interface. I also have a LI but decided not to integrate as you lose the gun identification from the LI if you just use the mirror.

  7. #7
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by rsatmans View Post
    I have the mirror with v1 interface. I also have a LI but decided not to integrate as you lose the gun identification from the LI if you just use the mirror.
    Do you know if it would be possible to have the V1 and the LI both integrated with the mirror at the same time?

  8. #8
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    Cheetah Advanced Technologies Ltd > Wireless fitting kit for Laser Jammers

    NOTE* - The Cheetah does NOT support the LI's Voice Alerts.

    Cliff - LI-USA/LI-Canada/LI-UK
    Okay, so there is a product that will integrate the LI with the Cheetah, but you lose the voice alerts. Does that mean that you still get a tone indicating that the LI went off, but just don't get to know the name of the gun that was used? I'm not sure I would really care what brand of lidar was used. What kind of tone would come through the Cheetah? Is that possible if the Cheetah is also integrated with the V1? Thanks for helping me to understand this.

  9. #9
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,842

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post
    What is the nature of this integration? Does the Cheetah filter the output of the LI somehow like it does for the V1?
    Here is what Cheetah says about integration of the mirror and a laser jammer:

    "Fitting a traditional jammer system is difficult on most cars, and impossible on some. Our kit is wireless which means you can now keep the entire jammer assembly in your engine bay. Laser trap alerts are transmitted wirelessly to inside the car so you don't have to run any awkward cables from the engine or drill any holes! This means fitting a jammer with our kit is much faster and easier than a standard install."
    To me this is not "integration" - this "Wireless Fitting Kit" is simply a way to get the signal to/from the jammer heads from/to the control unit without running copper wires through the firewall.

    Terminology aside, I would pass on any sort of a wireless solution. Radio in general is susceptible to all sorts of interference and reception problems; the last thing I need is for the signal to be hosed up by a pager tower or something just at the moment that the LEO is targeting me.

    Poking a couple of wires through a grommet or even drilling a new hole is no big deal, and the reliability is worth the effort IMHO.

  10. #10
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: V1 Integration with Cheetah gps mirror and Laser Interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    The LI's External Speaker Provision cannot be integrated into your existing automobile stereo system as the voltage from the feed will damage the LI's audio circuit. You must use a dedicated external speaker.

    Cliff - LI-USA/LI-Canada/LI-UK
    But I guess no dedicated external speaker would be necessary if the audibles are transferred to the Cheetah.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Valentine One Hardwired+CB+Cheetah Gps Mirror w/ V1 integration
    By QuickTrigger in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 08:29 PM
  2. Cheetah V1 Integration
    By PshoootR in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 07:28 PM
  3. Cheetah V1 Integration
    By PshoootR in forum Other Countermeasures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:52 AM
  4. Cheetah Interface for the Laser Interceptor
    By allyoops in forum Other Countermeasures
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 07:03 PM
  5. Cheetah interface with Laser Interceptor?
    By quietOne in forum Other Countermeasures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •