Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    JTGville, USA
    Posts
    1,500

    Default Roll bar V1 mount - Any ideas?

    Hey all, been awhile since I've posted.

    Does anyone have any ideas for a V1 mount for a roll bar? I was thinking of buying the product from the image below and taking off the switch panel and somehow adding the suction cup attachment to it so the detector can still slide on/off onto the bracket. What do you guys think?



    Here is my crappy photoshop from a picture of my car. Already have the power cord snaked into the body into the car for hiding.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by noTe; 05-24-2011 at 07:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Passing on the right
    Posts
    1,274

    Default Re: Roll bar V1 mount - Any ideas?

    I don't own a V1, so I'm not sure what the suction cup mount looks like, but I will throw an idea out there anyway. You could get an extra V1 suction cup mount and remove the cups. Drill and tap holes directly into the roll cage, and make mating holes for bolts to screw it right onto the cage.

  3. #3
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts
    Posts
    3,024

    Default Re: Roll bar V1 mount - Any ideas?

    RAM mounts probably has stuff for that. Find a "handlebar" mount that would fit your rollcage tubing diamter, and I'm pretty sure that anything with the AMPS hole pattern can be bolted directly to the V1 windshield mount.

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    JTGville, USA
    Posts
    1,500

    Default Re: Roll bar V1 mount - Any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by switch626 View Post
    I don't own a V1, so I'm not sure what the suction cup mount looks like, but I will throw an idea out there anyway. You could get an extra V1 suction cup mount and remove the cups. Drill and tap holes directly into the roll cage, and make mating holes for bolts to screw it right onto the cage.
    Funny you mention that.. that is exactly what I did before the cage but attached it to a flat metal piece, then screwed it into the top.

    I am not going to drill into the cage though... that is the catch. But I was thinking about just doing what I did before (screws through where the suction cups go) but onto a flat plate (where the switches are on that picture I posted)

  5. #5
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Passing on the right
    Posts
    1,274

    Default Re: Roll bar V1 mount - Any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by noTe View Post
    Funny you mention that.. that is exactly what I did before the cage but attached it to a flat metal piece, then screwed it into the top.

    I am not going to drill into the cage though... that is the catch. But I was thinking about just doing what I did before (screws through where the suction cups go) but onto a flat plate (where the switches are on that picture I posted)
    You're probably better off that way. The thing about having u bolts on the roll cage is that you can adjust the angle. Tapping directly to the cage provides no adjustment. Well maybe washers, but that's just sloppy.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. most compact lip mount cb antenna ideas?
    By autobel in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB's
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 11:17 PM
  2. New Police Car to roll out by 12
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 12:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •