Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    I had a Porsche trigger it yesterday afternoon which was a surprise but I guess it makes sense.

    As for my experience with these, they are very similar to bradthemads's. It will act very similar to c/o k band and then it will just drop off as soon as I pass it.

  2. #12
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    Can it be jammed?

  3. #13
    Professional
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,071

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    I got caught behind a new A4 Avant last week. Must have had the Side Assist feature. The V1 was going nuts, showed 6 bogies...

  4. #14
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,805

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    Note to self, don't buy an Audi as my next car, unless it does NOT have this horrible feature!!
    If I'm passing you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

    If speed kills, how come I'm still alive?

    Active Countermeasures: V1 3.858, Escort Redline, Beltronics STi-R+, LI Dual 7.1x CPU/8.7 Heads (front)
    Other/Backup Countermeasures: V1 3.813 (loaned to friend), Beltronics Pro RX65 M4 6.3
    Vehicle: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    LEO Toys: Kustom Pro Laser II & III
    Encounters/Saves August 2011: Radar 3/1, Laser 0/0


  5. #15

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    I had an Audi spraying K band as it went by me yesterday. I was picking him up 3 to 4 blocks away, jeez, talk about pollution!

    I think the engineers of these high end sports car corporations are in duh-huh mode. Build and market these cars for their “sports abilities” and then put K band transmitters in the vehicle so you can’t use an RD. There are plenty of other frequencies available not used by the LEO’s. This will be funny, Porsches, Audi’s, Bimmers, M/B’s, etc., all running at PSL since no quality RD will work properly in them, break out the CB's and whip antennas, LMAO!!


    BC

  6. #16
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    I say let's jam them. What's needed?

  7. #17
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    1,848

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    Newr Mazda6 has a red led light up in it's side mirrors, V1 was silent. So at least the 6 engineers have it right. But was pretty cool watching it from my bike as I followed.

  8. #18
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    No system is a substitue for driver awareness.

    These types of systems, laser based cruise control, etc. Are a farce leading drivers into a false sense of security.

    So they can text and be further distracted from the road

  9. #19
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    503

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    Quote Originally Posted by dizwiz24 View Post
    No system is a substitue for driver awareness.

    These types of systems, laser based cruise control, etc. Are a farce leading drivers into a false sense of security.

    So they can text and be further distracted from the road
    There is a ton of frequencies they could use, but they insist on using K band. Must be the cheapest.

  10. #20
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    delete account. delete account. delete account. delete account.
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: K Falses From New Audi's

    my V1 and RL picked up an Audi's K band from a few miles back today lol it sucked because I had to keep it back to +10 for a while

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. are audi's good cars?
    By texasspeed in forum Car Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 07:33 PM
  2. Ka Falses
    By dbolhuis in forum Whistler
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
  3. V1 Falses w/POP on
    By drochebs in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 01:43 PM
  4. Ka falses?
    By xihua in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 09:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •