Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default V1 Program for Houston

    Hi i recently purchased a V1 and its coming in tomorrow.

    I would like to know the best and effective way to program it without it giving me much false alert.

    Around Bellaire and Wilcrest area in Houston.

  2. #2
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    3,318

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by gjh57 View Post
    Hi i recently purchased a V1 and its coming in tomorrow.

    I would like to know the best and effective way to program it without it giving me much false alert.

    Around Bellaire and Wilcrest area in Houston.
    Congrats on your V1. Did you also get the V1 connection module?

    VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

    Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

    Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

    Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

  3. #3
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by gjh57 View Post
    Hi i recently purchased a V1 and its coming in tomorrow.

    I would like to know the best and effective way to program it without it giving me much false alert.

    Around Bellaire and Wilcrest area in Houston.
    I actually was suppose to receive just the V1, but UPS delivered it to the wrong person and V1 support is horrible she doesnt even want to give me a tracking number on my order.
    I do not want to lose 400$ out of my pocket and not get anything in the end. She said on her end that it was delivered and signed but it was signed under a different name. Im contacting UPS now.

  4. #4

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    File a discrepancy report with UPS and the CC company on the matter. No goods,no pay. I believe you are insured with all of this
    Houston is 35.5, 34.7, K band. Did you purchase the BT connector to run custom sweeps? Are you android or iphone? If android download YaV1 app and we will get you going. Hop you get it worked out.

  5. #5
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
    File a discrepancy report with UPS and the CC company on the matter. No goods,no pay. I believe you are insured with all of this
    Houston is 35.5, 34.7, K band. Did you purchase the BT connector to run custom sweeps? Are you android or iphone? If android download YaV1 app and we will get you going. Hop you get it worked out.
    Hey thanks! UPS was at fault this time, they told valentine it was delivered but it was probably still on its way and it came in. Glad that it really did came in.
    I have an Iphone and i did not purchase the BT connector. Is this required?

  6. #6

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    No but to maximize it's potential giving it increased sensitivity range and GPS lockouts, custom sweeps, savvy emulation, actual frequency reported. Then yes it is, and requires android and YaV1 app. I suggest you start with it as ordered and turn on TMF2 which should cut a lot of k band chatter. Once you get used to it then possibly add BT connection later.
    Last edited by BrownOut; 01-14-2015 at 09:32 PM.

  7. #7
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    I'm actually using it straight out the box not programmed , so I should enable tmf2

  8. #8
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    3,318

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by gjh57 View Post
    I'm actually using it straight out the box not programmed , so I should enable tmf2
    That's dependent upon how badly those systems are causing K-band alerts or if you have traffic monitoring systems and how much you have legit K-band enforcement.

    VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

    Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

    Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

    Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

  9. #9
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    I been driving by a bunch of cops and it doesn't go off sometimes and when I drive into grocery areas for example like an HEB it starts going crazy drives me wacko. I searched up on YouTube about the programming and I might copy this tell me what you think. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yr6aBdFAY5A
    Is it a bit to outdated or its fine?
    Last edited by gjh57; 01-15-2015 at 08:52 AM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: V1 Program for Houston

    There is one (Programing your V1,) 2 parts that is also good with a little better explanation. I'd also watch that one.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Are Best Program Settings for V1 in Houston Metro Area?
    By Char1iebrown in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
  2. HOUSTON - I59 Sugarland to Houston WATCH OUT in the AM
    By betrezra in forum Local & Regional Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 05:09 PM
  3. TX - Houston Google Map of Houston's Red Light Cams
    By edweird in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 10:16 AM
  4. TX - Lawyer to fight Houston and their Red Light Program
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 09:26 PM
  5. Houston's Red Light Camera Program put on hold!
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 12:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •