Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default whister 695 testing

Ok I just got my 695 and did some tests. I used a known x band false and k band false, I don't have foot reading for the x band but I can estimate.

X - band

V1 - 750 ft

955 - 200 ft

695 - 200ft

The 955 and 695 see equal on the x-band for sensativity.

K-band -

V1 - 1900 ft

955 - 350 ft

695 - 170 ft

The 695 was a fairly poor performer on x band, the 955 easily beat it, while the V1 is king.

I have not done any ka band testing because I don't have access to a ka gun. If someone wants to send me one for testing I can do that, and I'll even pay for return shipping. Other than that, it is what it is.

Professional

Default Re: whister 695 testing

i for sure know v1 picks door openers way better than whistler. not a big deal since whistler picks k cops at least a mile + in many of my encounters.

Good Citizen

All you proved was that the 695 was better at filtering out X and K band falses.

In that regard, looks like the V1 and 955 are poor performers.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Keto View Post
    All you proved was that the 695 was better at filtering out X and K band falses.

In that regard, looks like the V1 and 955 are poor performers.

Radar Fanatic

There should not have been any filtering, I was in highway mode with all of them and the filter on the 695 from what I know is used to filter out other detectors, like the junk feature on the valentine, at least that is what the manual says.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    there should not have been any filtering, i was in highway mode with all of them and the filter on the 695 from what i know is used to filter out other detectors, like the junk feature on the valentine, at least that is what the manual says.
    send it in!!!!

Radar Fanatic

ok, i'll pm mike

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    There should not have been any filtering, I was in highway mode with all of them and the filter on the 695 from what I know is used to filter out other detectors, like the junk feature on the valentine, at least that is what the manual says.
    I think he was kidding, but just because it is in highway mode doesn't mean there is no filtering.

Exactly. Whistler's high end RDs have a sneaky built-in filtering algorith which cause them to ignore very weak pairs of K band signals which have very similar frequencies. This filtering algorithm correctly assumes that these weak signals are false alerts from K band door openers as long as their signal strengths are weak and of similar intensity. Its a slick little bit of code which helps to make Whistlers quieter when driving around town, and its why I tend to recommend Whistlers for people who do mostly city driving and who are on a tight budget. As far as I am aware, this filter is active even if a Whistler is in Highway mode, but I could be wrong.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK View Post
    Exactly. Whistler's high end RDs have a sneaky built-in filtering algorith which cause them to ignore very weak pairs of K band signals which have very similar frequencies. This filtering algorithm correctly assumes that these weak signals are false alerts from K band door openers as long as their signal strengths are weak and of similar intensity. Its a slick little bit of code which helps to make Whistlers quieter when driving around town, and its why I tend to recommend Whistlers for people who do mostly city driving and who are on a tight budget. As far as I am aware, this filter is active even if a Whistler is in Highway mode, but I could be wrong.
    Nope. You are right.