Experienced

Default no cobras at walmart

i went to my local walmart today and stopped by the car electronics isle and i was shocked to find the full model line up for whistler, and NO cobra units. if i remember correctly they had the New xtr130, xtr500? (cordless) xtr550 and xtr695

Professional

Default Re: no cobras at walmart

Must be nice! The local Wal-Mart here still has a full line of Cobras and 2 or 3 Whistler units Oh well I can't complain! More rabbits + more LEOs thinking RDs don't work = Easier travel for me

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Ck15 View Post
    i went to my local walmart today and stopped by the car electronics isle and i was shocked to find the full model line up for whistler, and NO cobra units. if i remember correctly they had the New xtr130, xtr500? (cordless) xtr550 and xtr695
    wait..the "new" line up..?

Radar Fanatic

Nice to see cobras replaced by whistlers. How much was the 695 going for?

Speed Demon

We have two Wal-marts that I know of in the area that carry just Whistler.

Opposite of your experience, another had a full line of just Whistler, started to carry some Cobra, went back a week later and all the Whistlers were gone and only Cobra on the shelf. When I asked why, was told the Whistlers weren't selling but the Cobra's were.

All the other Wal-Marts in the area that I know of carry just Cobra. One even had the GPS model.

At least some local area Wal-Marts carry Whistler. I think the XTR 695 is going for about $199.

The Walmart in my small town still carries Cobras. Keep in mind that this particular store manager is an idiot. That may have something to do with it.

Power User

Which wal-mart in Lubbock?

Professional

One of the wal marts carried Cobras, I told someone in sporting goods that the cobra detectors didn't work well. He asked what I'd like to see. I told him Whistler detectors. I come back a few weeks later and they have a bunch of whistlers and the cobras are on clearance. I bought the xtr 695 from that Wal Mart instead of buying it online because I was happy that they got what I asked for.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by texasspeed View Post

wait..the "new" line up..?
    well i had never seen the xtr130 and it looks like the new series and models, as in it doesnt have the periscope led alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post

Which wal-mart in Lubbock?
    the one on 4th and the loop. behind that car wash