Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka
    Posts
    1,907

    Default 690SE blown speaker

    Well my speaker finally went out with a bang.... Any way to replace it myself without voiding warranty??

  2. #2
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,015

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    Mehhh, I don't see why you would do it yourself honestly... I'd PM Michael B and see what he can do for you on this repair issue... it is great to have a Rep./Tech like him for just such issues.

    I bet for a nominal fee (shipping+parts) you get a speaker replaced and a once-over of the unit to make sure everything else is in top-shape.


    I say no need to do it yourself when we have someone like Michael B. who has always been willing to do so much for members on here.

    My $.02

  3. #3
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    I'm confident that Mike B can take care of this however the time is just bad for me. My monday commute (and likely the 1st week or 2) is about to turn into a nightmare as the psl is about to be lowered due to construction work.

  4. #4
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lubbock,Tx
    Posts
    3,497

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    Mine is about to blow also its very distorted. I need to start taking it down more. Mike B is here to help us I'm fixing to send mine in for a speaker fix and a check up on Ka band and Ka max.

  5. #5
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,015

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    Doesn't the 690SE have an earphone jack? Why not go down to RS or your local Trucker-rest-stop and buy one of the $5-15 external speakers if you are really in that much of a pinch.

    It will get you the audio you need (likely even better than stock) and you got yourself a fix for the next few weeks at least... and you can have it ASANeeded!


  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    Only the 695/695SE has an external audio jack. I think I'll move the detector down just a couple inches just above my wipers and turn on the blue alert lights in the meantime. I also have the speaker dying caught on video if anyone is interested I can upload it

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Grammar land
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    Quote Originally Posted by TRun View Post
    Only the 695/695SE has an external audio jack. I think I'll move the detector down just a couple inches just above my wipers and turn on the blue alert lights in the meantime. I also have the speaker dying caught on video if anyone is interested I can upload it
    Haha I wanna see.

  8. #8
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, United States
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    x2

  9. #9
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-BqqT7X-6s]YouTube - Whistler XTR690SE blows speaker[/ame]

  10. #10
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lubbock,Tx
    Posts
    3,497

    Default Re: 690SE blown speaker

    Dude that sucks ! Its all K bands fault. The fix should be free from Whistler just pay shipping there.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
  2. replacing blown redline speaker?
    By NewCents05 in forum Escort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 10:44 AM
  3. XTR-695 Blown Speaker
    By gokumono in forum Whistler
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 04:59 PM
  4. Whistler xtr-690 Blown Speaker :(
    By Ex0dus36 in forum Whistler
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
  5. Blown fuse in X50 power cord:(
    By intregrah in forum Escort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 05:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •