Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    Angry Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    Not happy. I never even maxed the volume out on this unit, and always removed it from dash when not using it. Whistler was willing to send me a speaker for $10, or gave me the option of having me send the unit in to them for warranty repair (which would also have cost me at least $10 for shipping). I emailed John Nolan and suggested they send me a speaker at no charge, as I felt I had paid enough for the unit, and felt gouged for having to pay $10 for a seventy-five cent quality speaker. They declined.
    I did the research and replaced it myself with a 30mm speaker of way better quality.
    I'll never buy another Whistler product again. Ya get what you pay for.

  2. #2
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lubbock,Tx
    Posts
    3,497

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    Mike Batton is the head Whistler engineer here on this forum. He would have fixed you up.

  3. #3
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    What is it with Whistler speakers? I had an older model that the speaker gave out and I had no idea. It work on the boot up then went dead during operation leaving me defensless. I never heard the warning and received a ticket. Needless to say I now have 2 newer models figuring Whistler fixed their problem. So far my Pro73 and my newer Pro 78SE are working fine. If a speaker gives out in either one of these I may never buy a Whistler again readin about all the others who are having speaker problems. BTW.....I also never use my more than half volume!

  4. #4
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    My (2) XTR695 and PRO78SE have been fine. Had the XTR695's for 3 years and the PRO78SE for almost 2.

  5. #5
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lubbock,Tx
    Posts
    3,497

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    My Pro 78 speaker blew last year.

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    My 690SE speaker blew after 1 year but got it fixed and tuned up. All thanks to Mike B

  7. #7
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,015

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    Mike Batton is the head Whistler engineer here on this forum. He would have fixed you up.
    x2, he has some of the best customer service around... the man is top-notch, and would have resolved this issue for you without a doubt if you found and utilized the forum before this post.

    It's a bummer, but now you know.

  8. #8
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    503

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    Mike Batton is the head Whistler engineer here on this forum. He would have fixed you up.
    x2, he has some of the best customer service around... the man is top-notch, and would have resolved this issue for you without a doubt if you found and utilized the forum before this post.

    It's a bummer, but now you know.
    I know it would of been easier for him to come here, but the fact he has to come to a 3rd party forum to reach out to mike is not satisfactory IMO.

    However, you are correct, if he would of known about it then he would of fixed him right up!

  9. #9
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    I don't find spending $10 unreasonable to get a unit fixed even if its under warranty. Unless you live 5 minutes away from the company. The benefit of sending the whole device in is you can also ask them to check it out for any other issues that might not be apparent until its too late.

  10. #10
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Speaker crapped out on less than one year old XTR 690SE

    My escort 8500 speaker blew too, I pulled one off a old modem, replaced and worked fine. It happens to all brands.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 690SE blown speaker
    By TRun in forum Whistler
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 08:52 PM
  2. 690SE vs WSP Ka 33.8-34.7 2/21/10
    By TRun in forum Whistler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 07:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •