Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY, NJ, CT, MA

Default NY, NJ, CT, MA

Do any of the following states use X-band radar &/or laser?

NY
    NJ
    CT
    MA

Thanks!

Good Citizen

Default Re: NY, NJ, CT, MA

Laser is definitely used in NY and NJ.

NJ uses X-band a LOT from what I hear - probably to get around people who have turned it off due to false alarms, or disregard it.

I've gotten 2 real X-band encounters in NY in the 2-3 years I've had my V1:

- once last week from a NYPD parked on the Bronx River Parkway Northbound, just before exit 7.. passed him southbound also in the same location - he was running constant-on X band.
    - once about 1.5 years ago in Saratoga county by a local PD clocking people stopping at a 4-way stop sign, to see 'how much' they actually were stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley
    Do any of the following states use X-band radar &/or laser?

NY
    NJ
    CT
    MA

Thanks!

Speed Demon

CT SP use Laser, K and Ka, the Laser mostly in the summer.

NY SP use K and Ka. Laser is common in LI, NY.

MA uses mostly Ka, and the drones are mostly K. I have one recent unverified X encounter on 90, and he was hiding behind a known K drone (unverified b/c I only had an old uniden rd with me).

Experienced

MA uses loads of laser on the Masspike and I-290. Could be other places too.

Professional

Lesley, all the states you mention certainly use laser..it's proliferating.

I guess NJ still uses X band. Some folks have seen X band in MA within the past 12 months.

The threats are real and they're out there. Be prepared!

Good Citizen

I drive through all of those states and they all use laser. Upstate NY uses KA stalker dual guns and laser guns. NY state police are one of the best trained radar/laser users in the country. NJ uses all bands and are also trained very well. CT and MA use everything but X band.

Expect instant on radar in all of these states, especially NY and NJ, and NJ tickets are extremely expensive in 65 zones (upwards of 300).

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    NY state police are one of the best trained radar/laser users in the country
    I definitely agree. Fortunately, many go into a state of semi-hibernation in the cold weather (at least on the toll roads). The same guy who'll be picking off real drivers from an A+ snipe position in the summer will be cruising around with constant-on K in the colder weather. He's not dumb, he's just trying to warn everyone to slow down before they get near him so he won't have to step out of his cozy little office. Watch out if it's a nice day, though!

"Oh what a day for a speedtrap, what a day for a speedtrappin' guy, de dum de dum..." (sung to the tune of What A Day For A Daydream).

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    I drive through all of those states and they all use laser. Upstate NY uses KA stalker dual guns and laser guns. NY state police are one of the best trained radar/laser users in the country. NJ uses all bands and are also trained very well. CT and MA use everything but X band.

Expect instant on radar in all of these states, especially NY and NJ, and NJ tickets are extremely expensive in 65 zones (upwards of 300).
    How many K band gus are there? Is there a K band stalker?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    How many K band gus are there? Is there a K band stalker?
    I think all K-band guns operate on about the same frequency, so even the Belscort owners with Tech Mode displays won't be able to answer that in terms of guns actually in use. I do know that there are K-band guns that can be used in moving mode, instant-on, and even POP. I'm sure Stalker made some.

Oh, I guess you might have been asking if there's a K-band gun that can operate in both same-direction and opposite-direction moving mode. That's a good question! I'd try checking some of the gun manufacturer websites, but I suspect that the answer is yes.

Newcomer

NY state troopers SUCK. they use a lot of ka instant on and laser.