Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Seeking mount ideas

No, not for my girlfriend...

I have a new BCT15X for my road trips, and would like a perm mount, but not much real estate in a Civic...

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Seeking mount ideas

Google BC-RH96 Remote Head. They're hard to find, as they are out of production for over a year. But, unless you want to DIN it into the dash, in place of your stereo, it's the best option. Actually, the best option was to buy a handheld, but I suppose it's too late for that.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Advanced Member

They are supposed to start selling the heads again in August. Anyway, I solved the location problem with placing it into center console. I'll loose a small amount of space for misc. junk.

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad View Post
    They are supposed to start selling the heads again in August.
    Wow, thanks! Where did you see that? I desperately need a couple more of them. I've got a lot of radio room, but I have too many radios!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Good Citizen

I would love to see pictures of the install!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad View Post
    They are supposed to start selling the heads again in August.
    Wow, thanks! Where did you see that? I desperately need a couple more of them. I've got a lot of radio room, but I have too many radios!
    They are being made, just have not trickled into the public supply stream yet.

A good friend of mine works at a scanner shop (yes, such a thing actually does exist!) in Massachusetts, and he said that they are also expecting some in August, though I believe he somehow obtained one from Uniden last week for my uncle.

Advanced Member

Does scanners work in yall's areas? I had a Bear Tracker and the AL/TN/MS Troopers never used the mobile freqs so the HP alert never went off. Does close call ring in on the mobile freqs?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by North Alabama View Post
    Does scanners work in yall's areas? I had a Bear Tracker and the AL/TN/MS Troopers never used the mobile freqs so the HP alert never went off. Does close call ring in on the mobile freqs?
    Well, you would need to have a general idea of what frequencies are being used for mobile extenders in your area, and if in fact mobile extenders are used at all.

With very few exceptions, most mobile extenders I have encountered are UHF. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two agencies using VHF (high) for mobile extenders.

I do not know which freqs come preloaded in the Beartracker units, but if they are not the same ones that your local LEAs use for mobile extenders, then that could be why the unit is not alerting.

Close Call/Signal Stalker may help, with a good external antenna, however nothing is guaranteed. Once more, knowing what freqs to be checking will help. If you could narrow down a range, say 465 to 466MHz, and use Search mode instead, that would be the best bet.

Advanced Member

The Troopers if saw use their computer and not the mobile freqs for info, they just call in on the cell phone if needed. Never caught a TN/AL/MS talk on the mobile freqs....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by North Alabama View Post
    The Troopers if saw use their computer and not the mobile freqs for info, they just call in on the cell phone if needed. Never caught a TN/AL/MS talk on the mobile freqs....
    Ah, but you can still monitor the repeater inputs for the MDTs, if the scanner covers those. I have seen MDTs on everything from VHF to near 6GHz, but most seem to be either UHF or 800MHz. It would only be data sounds, but at least you could tell how close you are by the signal strength.