Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mounting A V1 in a covertible...... Options?

Hi all, I need a place or a suggestion on mounting my V1 into my convertible. I have seen people mount these in the rear views? They actually etched these in. I thought the main unit needed to be mounted up high? Can this be done? If so who does this work.

If this can't be done other than with the suction cups. Pics are worth a thousand words...... Thanks with help with this.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Mounting A V1 in a covertible...... Options?

Quote Originally Posted by squezzer
    Hi all, I need a place or a suggestion on mounting my V1 into my convertible. I have seen people mount these in the rear views? They actually etched these in. I thought the main unit needed to be mounted up high? Can this be done? If so who does this work.

If this can't be done other than with the suction cups. Pics are worth a thousand words...... Thanks with help with this.
    why not just stick it up high on the windshield with the suction cups?

I would although this would be way obvious for all to see. Thats why I need an alterative to the standard hanging it on the windshield with suction cups or a mount off the rearview. Someone must have a better solution for this (I hope)? Thanks....

Radar Fanatic

How come your avatar says that you have posted five times but your profile says that you only posted two times?
    You look suspicious, are you a LEO looking for hiding places?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    How come your avatar says that you have posted five times but your profile says that you only posted two times?
    You look suspicious, are you a LEO looking for hiding places?
    his profile says 5 posts when i look at it...

maybe something like this

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by richardboy316
    his profile says 5 posts when i look at it...
    Sure it says five but when you click on it says "Search found 2 matches" :shock:

Yeah your all busted :wink: Now does anyone know anything about what I am looking to do Thanks!!!!!

Lead Foot

id say mounting p high is your best best for stealth. idk about mounting on the visor, ive never looked closly at a convertible to see if its possible

Newcomer

I would say place it high next to the rearview mirror as close as you can get and hard wire it alond the moldings interior and get a concealed display put some where low out of sight so only you can see it. The V1 will be blacked out and people driving next to you will not notice unless there looking for it! That's the best I think you can do without affecting both front and rear attenna's!

Good Citizen

Default Re: Mounting A V1 in a covertible...... Options?

Quote Originally Posted by squezzer

What kind of convertible is it? I have a Boxster and made a mount that sits between the seats, works great. I made a similar one for a Porsche 997 that mounts it behind the rear seats. The detector in both cases is around shoulder height towards the rear of the car and works well in both instances.