Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Old Timer

thats not ghosting thats good ghosting would be when u detect a real leo and get 2-3 bogeys (assuming he is only runnin 1 antenna) when u go by a supermarket or cvs each door opener is a different signal so its a new source..

Newcomer

so i called v1. darn, i wish i had known you had 30 days to go back to old version. anyways i spoke to a technician. no new versions coming up. he says he is gonna pull the reports from my older version and tell me if i had any issues with it....maybe my old detector was out of spec so that's why i didn't more signals...yeah rt. no acknowledgment of ghosting issues....he did say that newer signs using continuous wave something will give higher bogey counts.

i want old non-pop version back.

Good Citizen

Just called Valentine about my 3.864 "ghosting". (acted stupid and didn't say the word ghosting, just described it). They said that was unusual and to send it in for checking. Will update.

Experienced

I bet they update it to 3.871.

Power User

I love it how on 7/9 tx_v1 talked to Dan and he said nothing was coming up, no upgrades. Almost exactly a month later, they change the board. I'll give Dan the benefit of the doubt and say that a month is borderline "soon", plus maybe the release was unknown at that time.

Which begs...was this revision planned or a supplier driven "rush" thing? Did they know it was coming...

Lead Foot

I'd really like to know if maybe this new board in some way fixes any ghosting issues. I'd like to upgrade, but I don't want to upgrade from my 3.818 if it's going to be completely pointless and possibly get ghosting issues, as my 818 hasn't had any problems ghosting as far as I know. The Arrows being a little more accurate would be nice though, but hopefully the tune up will fix that. I should have it back from the tune up on Saturday.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    As many of you know I have two V1's 3.864 and 3.813. I am having issues with ghosting on the 3.864. I have videos of my LEO neighbor leaving on his K band radar dash mount unit and I make multiple passes with my 3.864 and 3.813. My 3.813 works flawlessly showing a bogey of 1 while my 3.864 shows a bogey of 3 AND sometimes shows Ka band as the 3rd bogey. I will post the videos a little later but I know that I will be sending my 3.864 to get it fixed since the bogey counter is a crucial feature. UPDATED with videos of both!

3.864 Video
    YouTube - V1 3.864 Bogey Counter Issues

3.813 Video

YouTube - V1 3.813 Bogey Counter PERFECT
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wrangler View Post
    Just called Valentine about my 3.864 "ghosting". (acted stupid and didn't say the word ghosting, just described it). They said that was unusual and to send it in for checking. Will update.
    Interesting. They tell happya$$ that there is no such problem and they tell Space Wrangler to send it in so they can fix the exact same problem. I'd also guess that 3.871 is the ghosting fix.

Lead Foot

Default Re: 3.864 Ghosting issues w/ videos

Lets hope so. If it turns out that that's what it is, I'll send it back again and have it updated, as I really want the digital compensator or whatever it is.

V1 Zombie

I found out today my .863 can ghost on 35.5 Ghz only. Now why would that be?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wrangler View Post

Got mine back today, after "tuning and modification", still 3.864, new serial number. Going to New York City this weekend. So may not get a chance to test for ghosting until I get back.
    Last edited by Space Wrangler; 08-14-2008 at 01:35 PM.