Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power User

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    The obvious risk is getting a ticket froma cop using X band

For K band false, I just programmed the V1 to mute for 30 seconds... until it reaches 4 bars then it un-mutes
    I won't recommend muting your K band to 30 sec. because you are prone to having a ticket. You can be clocked by LEO with less than 5 sec. . Although it is quiet in that programing method, you really have to asses what your local police/state are using. Because in this programing method, it alerts you after the fact a radar has been triggered. I'd rather have the noise than a ticket. I believe, it only unmutes after 4 led's or 6 led's depending on how you program it when you use small L but not in big L. I had to send mine back for reflushing with this programing stuff.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by paul e
    Great Answer.. very helpful.. No reason not to program it off unles Im in NJ... To you guys answering, '(by turning x band off) .. you run the risk of getting a ticket', NO KIDDING! :roll: Clearly, the thread was asking 'how much risk'.. learn to read between the lines, and stop being so Literal!! :shock:
    X-band can be used anywhere by local police, that is mainly a list of state police.

We really don't know your situation very well, so I don't see how we can tell you anything other than you risk getting a ticket. As for how much risk, none of us can answer that. You may drive around a city with X band and never get a ticket, or you may get one the first time you drive out, too many variables to say "how much risk".

If I indeed took a guess and said, "you stand a 59.345% chance of getting a ticket", it would be misinformation. My guess is as good as yours.

I would keep X-band on, if you really can't live with the falses, try a detector with better filtering.

Professional

coming home tonight, i drove past an x-band speed checkerson the side of the road.... one was a k band, that i picked up about 1.5 miles out... then i passed another one.. and the V1 was silent since my x band is turned off.

Old Timer

I would have to say ohio state patrol uses X band in motion, and laser in stationary... I was hit with instant on xband 4 or 5 times on my way home from testing....

Radar Fanatic

i personally am from NYC but went to college in CNY so i know the roads of NYC pretty well and exactly like the list suggests the police on the highway dont use x-band. I have also been to plenty of small towns and can speak pretty much for the entire NYC, there is no X-band around. I have mine disabled and have had no problems in over 2 years of all around ny and nys travel with my v1 (which has always had the latest update).

But make no mistake about it, you cross into NJ and your done! Dont forget to turn it back on in that state especially cause u will get nailed quickly!!!

and leave the K and Ka settings alone, you need max. SA in cny of these signals, usually always valid threats.