Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: STI-R Settings

  1. #1

    Default STI-R Settings

    Hi.

    I just bought an STI-R about a month ago. While doing some research, I saw many people using: "Ka segments 2, 5, and 8 on. RDR off"

    I understand why you use these segments for Ka bands. However, why do you put RDR to off? I'm wondering what's the real benefit. Also, do you have POP enabled?

    Thank,
    Pat

  2. #2
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: STI-R Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by patpeterson View Post
    Hi.

    I just bought an STI-R about a month ago. While doing some research, I saw many people using: "Ka segments 2, 5, and 8 on. RDR off"

    I understand why you use these segments for Ka bands. However, why do you put RDR to off? I'm wondering what's the real benefit. Also, do you have POP enabled?

    Thank,
    Pat
    RDR is a filter for cobras, but it also decreases your KA sensitivity, you'll also want to turn on KA segments 3, 6, and 9 respectively.

  3. #3
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: STI-R Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    RDR is a filter for cobras, but it also decreases your KA sensitivity, you'll also want to turn on KA segments 3, 6, and 9 respectively.
    The OP is right, segments 2,5,8 should be on.

  4. #4

    Default Re: STI-R Settings

    Thanks for your info.

    So I guess you're including the nearby segments to make sure you don't miss out of sync radars?

    Thanks,
    Pat

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patpeterson View Post
    Hi.

    I just bought an STI-R about a month ago. While doing some research, I saw many people using: "Ka segments 2, 5, and 8 on. RDR off"

    I understand why you use these segments for Ka bands. However, why do you put RDR to off? I'm wondering what's the real benefit. Also, do you have POP enabled?

    Thank,
    Pat
    RDR is a filter for cobras, but it also decreases your KA sensitivity, you'll also want to turn on KA segments 3, 6, and 9 respectively.

  5. #5
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: STI-R Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by patpeterson View Post
    Thanks for your info.

    So I guess you're including the nearby segments to make sure you don't miss out of sync radars?

    Thanks,
    Pat

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patpeterson View Post
    Hi.

    I just bought an STI-R about a month ago. While doing some research, I saw many people using: "Ka segments 2, 5, and 8 on. RDR off"

    I understand why you use these segments for Ka bands. However, why do you put RDR to off? I'm wondering what's the real benefit. Also, do you have POP enabled?

    Thank,
    Pat
    RDR is a filter for cobras, but it also decreases your KA sensitivity, you'll also want to turn on KA segments 3, 6, and 9 respectively.
    Exactly, 3, 6, and 9 sweep other nearby frequencies for out of tune guns.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 995 settings q
    By focalcivic in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
  2. best settings for the x50
    By Tr86 in forum Escort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 05:58 PM
  3. help with settings
    By jba6511 in forum Whistler
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 12:44 PM
  4. Settings
    By Mateya49 in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 08:04 PM
  5. How to change my settings to factory settings??
    By PysiuChicago in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 02:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •