Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,764

    Default v940 error message?

    My Old V-940 sent message L03 & ? Markers today. Does anyone have any idea what those messages mean? It didnt say "error" or "service required". This thing is about 10 years old and has never done anything like this before. I guess its due.

  2. #2
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: v940 error message?

    O.K. Then. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,015

    Default Re: v940 error message?

    Sorry... never had anything like that happen with any of my Vector series of detectors... where were you and when did it happen?

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: v940 error message?

    I waited at a light from a feeder road on to a main road. As soon as the light turned green and I went the alert started. I crossed some railroad tracks and thought at 1st it was an SWS. It wouldnt stop so I power cycled it. Seems to be o.k. now but I never saw anything like that for the whole time Ive owned it. I would hate to see this old reliable unit die. I havent checked to see if Bel still services these old style Rds.

  5. #5
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,724

    Default Re: v940 error message?

    Found this while looking around on Yahoo.

    My poor Beltronics radar detector is having issues....
    Quite often it starts beeping and flashing up "LO3 CAL" "MARKERS". After much searching on the net the manual is not available... so I emailed beltronics to see if they had one or knew what was wrong with it.
    They emailed back "I can help you with your query… the messages that are being randomly displayed are telling you that the unit requires a software re-calibration. We can carry this out for you for a small fee."

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: v940 error message?

    Ah a software recalibration. I can see that being possible after perhaps 10 years of service.
    Thanks for the info Jazzy.
    I havent got around to messing with it since it happened. After I power cycled it it seems to be working o.k. but I will probably retire my faithful old RD in favor of something new. I wanted an STI but thats out now. The redline would probably be too sensitive for the area im driving in. I dont need or want the GPS fluff. I may just get another Vector type on the cheap. I leave it installed so I dont want something too expensive if it gets stolen.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Random LI error message
    By glider in forum Laser Interceptor
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:50 AM
  2. RX55 error message
    By BigSky in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 08:55 AM
  3. What causes 'E' error message?
    By dreamer in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 03:38 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
  5. V940 shows error...Any ideas?
    By tshrimp in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 10:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •