Newcomer

Default bel rx65 settings

hey there people,

I just purchased a Bel Pro RX65. I live in Perth Western Australia. The sales man from the store told me that the radar dector is already set up for perth conditions. I was just wanting to make sure i get the most out of the device for perth conditions. if anyone has any idea what settings should be used for the RX65 in perth would be greatly appreciated. I dont know much about these :P just needed to get one to help with my heavy foot problems.

Newcomer

Welcome fellow Wa rd user. Good to see. The best thing is to set your RX65 to the following.
    If you use it in the Metro area use
    x off
    k off
    Ka International on
    Laser on
    Pop off
    SWS on or off I have mine on as a bit of fun if going past work site or ambulance.

When you go into the country on long roads ie just before Mandurah or beyond then turn K on.

The reason for this is K is not used in the metro area just laser and Multanova (Ka) When you get out to the open roads then there are the mobile radars using K band as they drive along. The good news is around the city your detector will be totally quiet unless it's a cop or multanova which you will encounter the most of. Rx65 doas a great job in the city with Multanova although when in remote area or country where there is not much metal around beware as have gone past an mult with no warning once until on top of it but in the city you will be just fine.

Newcomer

Excellent, thats for that Gibbo. Greatly appreciated.

Newcomer

I keep my K band on in the city and suburbs... I have come across cop cars with K band in car radar from time to time there. It can be annoying, but if you drive a route consistantly you get to know the K band falsing spots. I think if theres a chance it could warn me about a cop car I havn't seen, I want to give myself the best possible chance.

Experienced

Same here. Ive seen cops using K band on marmion ave, reid highway, freeway... just to name a few. they do use it in the city to leave K band on!