Default Question regarding possibility of crosstalk using LI dual and ZR4 in tandem

I purchased an excort 9500ci primarily for the detector (I got a really good deal on it) and I had an interesting idea that I may want to try.

I was thinking about mounting the LI dual as well as two head from the zr4 in the front of my wrx. I illustrated it here, where the green represents the ZR4 and the red represents the LI dual. I think that the ZR4 and LI heads would be separated enough to avoid interference but I wanted to get more opinions on the matter.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Question regarding possibility of crosstalk using LI dual and ZR4 in tandem

The LI dual should be fine without the zr4's. Red is a good location. I wouldn't have the zr4's on the front in jam mode, because it will be more complicated and longer to kill them.

Have you considered placing the zr4's on the back of your car? They're also good at detecting scatter (on receive mode) which could come in handy in today's jammer scene. -Kill before jam.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Question regarding possibility of crosstalk using LI dual and ZR4 in tandem

Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Professional

If you wanna run your zr4's because after all they are kick ass at detecting laser. Wrap them in tape only leaving the front exposed.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post
    The LI dual should be fine without the zr4's. Red is a good location. I wouldn't have the zr4's on the front in jam mode, because it will be more complicated and longer to kill them.

Have you considered placing the zr4's on the back of your car? They're also good at detecting scatter (on receive mode) which could come in handy in today's jammer scene. -Kill before jam.
    ^Agree, I think it would create more of distraction esp trying to kill both fairly quickly w/the ultimate goal of JTK. If you do run up against a PRO LASER III you might unintentionally JAM longer than necessary which could cause more problems w/the LEO if you happen to be running both the ZR4 and LI's at the same time up front.
    Last edited by Akosikojak; 09-03-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Mobile Installer

Red and blue lights in rear view soon.Take zr4 down and use Li only..get the car tested if the heads are not level perpair for your first ticket at over 500ft.I hang zr4's on my Christmas tree during the holidays,does not take much to get into the spirit.
    Last edited by radarrob; 09-03-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by radarrob View Post
    I hang zr4's on my Christmas tree during the holidays,does not take much to get into the spirit.
    That's funny LOL

Right now I have the zr4s set up in the second (red) position. I'd like to test just this set up because I feel that it may be sufficient for my needs.

I understand the LI is a better unit, but I really like having everything integrated into a single system with the 9500ci. I'm not sure it's enough of a difference to justify all the additional cost and added complication with a whole second system added.