Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21

    Default Re: 2010 Audi A4 *ANY SUGGESTIONS*

    @Goofy FootR

    thanks, understood. I just wanted to get a good feel for the RD first, then invest in a v1 or redline. like i said, i heard the v1 gives the Audi many many problems due to the sensitivity of the sensors and beep constantly. what would you prefer along with a jammer, the v1 or the escort redline?

  2. #22

    Default Re: 2010 Audi A4 *ANY SUGGESTIONS*

    Quote Originally Posted by oes View Post
    There is no difference between the Escort 8500 red and blue models. One just has blue led display and the other red. Some people like the blue because they think its easier on the eyes or maybe people wont try to use them as rabbits. A rabbit is someone who is speeding and being followed by other speeders that are using the 'rabbit' as a shield in case there is a speed trap ahead.

    As I remember the old style Beltronics RX65 and Escort 8500 are basically sister models using S7 platform. The current production Escort 8500 X50 and Beltronics RX65 models are again sister models using the M4 platform instead of the S7 and cost more money.

    My opinion is that you should save and buy one of the top of the line radar models. The Valentine 1, Beltronics Redline and Escort 9500IX all have their own sets of good qualities and should be selected based on personal preferences and particular needs. If you cant afford that or aren't willing to spend the money just get the old style refurb 8500.
    Valentine 1, Beltronics Redline and Escort 9500IX - which one is right for me? I am fine with buying one but I want to buy the right one. How can you tell?

  3. #23
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: 2010 Audi A4 *ANY SUGGESTIONS*

    Quote Originally Posted by desiprince1212 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Funk View Post
    OK, so you buy a $30,000+ car and you want a RD less than $200. That makes no sense. Your car can go fast and it needs appropriate protection. It will get noticed. Get a V1 or a Redline/ or 9500. The money is worth it. You will need it as the cost of a ticket and increased insurance will be more than the cost of the detector. But first, pay attention and do some reading so that you can learn what a RD can and cannot do.

    agreed. but i wanted the v1 but i heard for Audi's they give false positives ALL the time which would prob get annoying? what do you think?
    I don't have a V1 or an Audi so I cannot give advice on this. I love my Redline.

  4. #24
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: 2010 Audi A4 *ANY SUGGESTIONS*

    Quote Originally Posted by desiprince1212 View Post
    Valentine 1, Beltronics Redline and Escort 9500IX - which one is right for me? I am fine with buying one but I want to buy the right one. How can you tell?
    This question is easier to answer if you know how many false alerts you get along your usual routes and the typical enforcement you see. I've lived in new york, upstate (Albany) and in the city, but haven't traveled to long island much. If it's like the rest of the state you probably see a lot of laser, Ka and some K. I've never seen X in NY when I lived there. When I lived there I never really saw much I/O (instant on) action or quick trigger. So most likely this is going to come down to your personal preference on features and false alerts.

    The V1 is the best for detecting even the most brief burst of radar. It's the highest sensitivity, but comes with the draw back of alerting to false radar sources. It has dual antennas and has arrows which I personally love. The arrows show you where the radar source is and a counter of how many radar sources there are and which is the strongest. Out of the three radars we're talking about it's also the cheapest at $400.

    The Escort Redline (beltroncis and escort are same company), is supposed to be kind of like the V1 of their lineup sensitivity wise. It does have dual antennas, but no arrows though. I don't have much experience with this model. The price is $500.

    The 9500IX offers great range on radar, but it's not as good for instant on brief radar blips. It can miss short shots completely. It is however great if you don't like false alerts as you can lock out false alerts through its GPS features. It's also $500.

    You should read through the extensive feature lists and decide what you want. I personally went with the V1 as I don't mind the false alerts.

    I would go with either the V1 or the 9500IX. As for false alerts on Audi cars, does any current radar detector you use get false alerts now? If not then it's probably going to be fine.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Audi S4 -- Escort 9500ci, LI Dual, DroidX
    By monkeyf15 in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 05:18 AM
  2. 2010 Stalker Radar VS 2010 V1 Valentine Radar Detector-Constant On & and Instant On
    By Techhead in forum Detector & Counter Measure Testing and Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 04:55 PM
  3. 2010 Audi S4
    By Tails in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 09:41 PM
  4. UPdate: 9500ix and LI Dual on 2010 Audi S4
    By monkeyf15 in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 08:53 AM
  5. 2010 Audi S4 - LI Dual and 9500ix
    By monkeyf15 in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 11:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •