Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Banned

Default Re: Speed Ticket Survey by state

Quote Originally Posted by kodyt21 View Post
    Judge what you will, I did it when I was 16 and 17 you live, learn and hope you make progress along the way, nobodies perfect and Im sure you've spelled, said and done some dumb **** before in your life and if you havent YOU HAVENT LIVED YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST YET, ILL GRAB A TAMPON FOR YA NEXT TIME I TELL A STORY=)

Respect is earned, not Taken.
    Frankly I have a hard time believing your father was irresponsible enough to encourage a kid to do a life threatening move like that. No parent I know of is so careless about the life of their child they are going to encourage them to go 170 mph. I call BS and say that you cannot post up the case number to prove the story.
    Last edited by The Chariot; 03-07-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Professional

Yeah, that doesn't pass the smell test. If it were true you'd be in the back of the cop car, hauled back to the station, fingerprinted, photographed, & charged. A ticket for those speeds? I find it very hard to believe.

Lead Foot

1. Age 16. Columbus GA. Bel 935 Express. Was crusing in my modded 95 5.0, the road was open and I punched it. Blew by a Harley 2 lanes over, full throttle, at around 90. Noticed the bike punched it, and, thinking maybe he was following me, I kept accelerating and lost him. Ended up cruising to around 120 before braking and exiting out of his line of vision.

When I got home a few hours later, both parents were waiting at the table and looking furious as ****. The Harley was an off duty sheriff, and he left a nasty voice message addressed to my parents that he got my plate, knows I was going in excess of 100mph, and said he would have taken me to jail if he had been on duty. Mom took RD until 18.

2. Age 18. Hogansville, GA. Bel 935 express. 87 in a 70. Night. Radar ticket. Bel never alerted.

3. Age 22. Athens ga. 52 in a 35. No detector, having sold my 3.864 v1. Never again.

4. Age 22. Atlanta ga. 65 in a 55. PACED in downtown atl by dekalb county. He was young and cut me a break. Said he paced be between 75 and 80 (was going said speed). Wrote ticket for 10 over.

Banned

I don't get how people can have so many tickets in such a short period of time. Do they not pay attention? I've always been a fast driver, and the first 16 years of my driving (been driving 26 years) I received 2 speeding tickets, with 1 of them being a school zone change trap (they were nailing people immediately at the zone dropped from 45 to 25 with no space to slow down). The next 10 years with an RD I received 1 speeding ticket. My eyes have been and continue to be the #1 countermeasure I have --- everything else is there to supplement them, not visa versa.

Banned

I don't get how people can have so many tickets in such a short period of time. I've always been a fast driver, and the first 16 years of my driving (been driving 26 years) I received 2 speeding tickets, with 1 of them being a school zone change trap (they were nailing people immediately at the zone dropped from 45 to 25 with no space to slow down). The next 10 years with an RD I received 1 speeding ticket. My eyes have been and continue to be the #1 countermeasure I have --- everything else is there to supplement them, not visa versa. I've always had situational awareness, now more than ever since the LEO's are in major revenue mode.

Experienced

NY here.
    When I was in my teens/young 20's, I rarely caught a break. By my mid-20's I think I would have, but my record looked terrible.
    Now, I havent had a ticket for over 2 years. Part of the reason is that I have put a lot of thought into countermeasures, also, I may drive on the fast side, but I rarely drive in a dangerous or idiotic way. I've also found that when I do get pulled over, the first thing I am asked is why I have a cdl, where do I work- I think having a decent job and maybe even the cdl show some sort of responsibility.
    Back to the point- I got pulled over for speeding (psl+15 or 25, unsure of psl) upstate recently, and got off with just a warning after getting the above questions.
    Last edited by Limited SLIP; 03-11-2010 at 09:11 PM.