Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On the big road
    Posts
    3,100

    Default LI external speaker

    My LI CPU is under the dash so I've missed a couple of warnings (V1 always catches them...).

    Well, I added a tiny $10 "Roadpro" CB speaker above the RVM and it's loud as He!!. I may have to adjust the volume...

  2. #2
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    Do you mind giving me a link, I will need one soon! And i like my music loud, so my alarm needs to be even louder!

  3. #3
    Rocket Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    8,713

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post
    My LI CPU is under the dash so I've missed a couple of warnings (V1 always catches them...).

    Well, I added a tiny $10 "Roadpro" CB speaker above the RVM and it's loud as He!!. I may have to adjust the volume...
    LI is very loud with external speaker, you probably have the volume control turned all the way up. Cut it back to about 25%, even 50% will make you deaf!!!
    Valentine One (3.858 Ice Cream Truck, 3.812 in Vette)
    4 Head LI (On Vette) (7.11 CPU Regular heads front, HP Heads on the rear)
    9500ci (On Vette)

    LI Quad (On Ice Cream Truck)

    LI Dual (On SRX, 7.06 CPU)

    ProLaser II, ProLaser III, Stalker LZ-1, LTI Marksman & Laser Atlanta "R" (looking for an Ultralyte LRB)

    2008 Corvette Z-51 Coupe

    Escort 9500 ix (Cadillac SRX)

  4. #4
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On the big road
    Posts
    3,100

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    Yea, it's REALLY LOUD. I need to remove the CPU to adjust the volume though. At least I have everything (Scanner, CB, V1, LI) loud enough to suit me.

    Sort of my project for the day...

  5. #5
    Power User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Htown
    Posts
    3,253

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    why nobody uses the mute wire for the LI? it's way better than having an external speaker... it just mutes the stereo when it's jamming...

  6. #6
    Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    why nobody uses the mute wire for the LI? it's way better than having an external speaker... it just mutes the stereo when it's jamming...
    I heard that blows the cpu up do to electrical surge or something because I would do that as I am going with an aftermarket hu soon

  7. #7
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    414

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    Quote Originally Posted by trailtow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    why nobody uses the mute wire for the LI? it's way better than having an external speaker... it just mutes the stereo when it's jamming...
    I heard that blows the cpu up do to electrical surge or something because I would do that as I am going with an aftermarket hu soon
    i was curious about this as well, the cpu is in the perfect place to tap into my radio harness, but i don't know voltages or what the hell it would mean if they were different

  8. #8
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    324

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    The LI mute wire just sends a ground when it starts to alert. I tapped the LI mute wire into my factory stereo cell phone/ voice wire and works fine. Here's my install of an external speaker.

    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...l-speaker.html

  9. #9
    Power User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Htown
    Posts
    3,253

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    Quote Originally Posted by trailtow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    why nobody uses the mute wire for the LI? it's way better than having an external speaker... it just mutes the stereo when it's jamming...
    I heard that blows the cpu up do to electrical surge or something because I would do that as I am going with an aftermarket hu soon
    how can it blow up if it doesn't send any current? it just does the same thing as your in car bluetooth that mutes your cellphone when a call comes in...

  10. #10
    Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: LI external speaker

    Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    why nobody uses the mute wire for the LI? it's way better than having an external speaker... it just mutes the stereo when it's jamming...
    I heard that blows the cpu up do to electrical surge or something because I would do that as I am going with an aftermarket hu soon
    how can it blow up if it doesn't send any current? it just does the same thing as your in car bluetooth that mutes your cellphone when a call comes in...
    I just remember reading it some where. Anyway to do this if you don't have a bluetooth function on your radio

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. External speaker
    By oldguy in forum Escort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 02:17 PM
  2. LI External Speaker
    By R.J. in forum Show off your install.
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 10:29 AM
  3. External Speaker ?
    By Ace_Racer in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 11:49 AM
  4. Sti External Speaker
    By spankyaf in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 07:51 PM
  5. where can I get a external speaker for my x50?
    By Tick Magnet in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 06:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •