there is a pic being taken when I detect the Ka alerting on my V995 from a van.
there is a pic being taken when I detect the Ka alerting on my V995 from a van.
All MPH Industries Ka radar units = 33.8 GHz +/- 100 MHzOriginally Posted by Audi Quattro
All Stalker Ka radar units = 34.7 GHz +/- 100 MHz
All Kustom/Decatur/Mccoys Ka radar units = 35.5 GHz +/- 100 MHz
real interesting looks like the reading is way out of tune :?
Multanova's run at 34.3 GHz plus or minus a bit.
I get that exact reading of 34.248 freq. from a unmarked LEO van and or ford explorer with a large camera mounted inside and it flashes and my Ka alert goes off but they only at this time snag car's at certain school zones so far. The radar gun must put out a very small output since I always get a weak signal....1-2 bars of Ka alert at about 500-750 ft or so.
Certainly sounds like a Multanova.
They really suck :roll:
Yep... Multanova by the sounds of it!
Question please: any Ka false alert should be outside those ranges?Originally Posted by Bear-Tweezy
So, if I will change my STI's settings allowing to see the real freq anytime I get an alert (real or false), looking at the display for the freq that should tell me that's a real or just a false one? I'm talking about Ka (so far very, very rarely get a false Ka alert), for K nowadays most of the stores and subway stations are on K... good news for me (and those in the same area), Toronto Police and OPP all are now on Ka only, so a K alert is pretty much a false one...
TIA
Nope. False alerts are inside those ranges too.Originally Posted by Road Warrior
For example, many older detectors use an 11.558 GHz 1st LO. This produces a harmonic at 34.674 GHz, which looks like the Stalkers...
Jim
Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
![]()
But I'll give it a try for a short time or until I get a Ka and write down the reading, of course when it happens I will know if it was a false or a real... but so far in my area it's very rare to get a false Ka...
Thank you Jim...
You don't get a lot of Ka falses because you don't have a lot of polluter (Cobra, Uniden) RDs! I don't have a lot of them here either, but I do get some. My V1 "J's" them out though.Originally Posted by Road Warrior
Audi Quattro is probably encountering a photoradar van. A PD near me has a Stalker ATR handheld radar near me that is operating on 34.2 GHz. Accusweep KA mode on my BEL 985 will not pick it up at all. The odd thing is that that same ATR was operating on 35.2 GHz a few months ago. They only have one of those guns, and it is very old! Don Sawicki, the author of that radar book, told me it is possible some early ATRs had switchable frequencies. They had issues with performance so they were not heavily promoted. It does take longer to acquire speeds compared to a Dual SL.
GTO_04
Bookmarks