Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86
  1. #11
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interceptor
    also make sure if you are using a dual head unitr to plug sensors in plugs 1 and 2 and not 3 and 4...
    Ivan, they are in ports 1 and 2. Not sure what to try next?

  2. #12
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgoblue006
    ...... Happens a few times every 2 days or so.
    This is exactly what happens to me.......

    Quote Originally Posted by mgoblue006
    ......... I assume you got it from Elvis? Maybe he got a bad batch.
    No, I got mine directly from Croatia.....

    BTW, I don't believe in such things like "bad batch".... I think that problems may happen to single pieces like mine and your.

    Next days I'll try to re-crimp connectors and let's hope.

    Anyway, it's nice to know that LI support is ready to help.....

  3. #13
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slovak Republic, Europe
    Posts
    240

    Default

    re the picture - these were taken by myself in croatia (my hand btw ) but the thing is that these were i believe testing heads.. interceptor or g-zona can provide better information or corrent this but as far as i can remember these heads were not sealed so that we are actually able to look inside. normally the heads are filled with epoxy.

    i've got the same message twice so far. might be also the power connection or some kind of an interference (did you try with the engine running or not?). i rewired the power supply (for other reasons) and unplugged and replugged the RJ11.. has not happen ever since

  4. #14
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    512

    Default

    we head 3-4 complainments about this before, but when people have simple reconnect they plugs it went away.. after all exactly for this reason there is a self check algorythm...

    Anyhow we are here to help and if you have tried all i said then you will receive new set of headsa and need to send in "old" ones..

    that is about it..

  5. #15
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interceptor
    we head 3-4 complainments about this before, but when people have simple reconnect they plugs it went away.. after all exactly for this reason there is a self check algorythm...

    Anyhow we are here to help and if you have tried all i said then you will receive new set of headsa and need to send in "old" ones..

    that is about it..
    Well, yesterday I did some work around it.

    First I swapped connectors 1 and 2 in order to exclude troubles on CPU sockets.

    The message changed from "Connections to sensor 1...." to "connections to sensor 2....." so I'm pretty sure it's not a CPU or cpu socket fault.

    Then I cut RJ connector of the faulty sensor, I crimped a new one and I recconected it to CPU. The issue is still there. The message comes out 20% of times the power is switched on.

    Again I swapped port 1 and 2 and again the error message changed for the other port. Now I'm sure that the problem layes in the sensor head or in it's cable. In both cases I'm afraid that I have to remove the front bumper and to change the sensor.

    Please let me know how to proceed. Do I have to contact Vedran?

    Thank you.

    Rob

  6. #16
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    512

    Default

    yes. Please do so.

  7. #17
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Grosse Pointe, MI
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I find that it occurs a lot more often when it's cold. My new heads are in the mail

  8. #18
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter
    I find that it occurs a lot more often when it's cold. My new heads are in the mail
    Hope mine will be soon. I've just sent my email to LI support. :?

  9. #19
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I sent an email on Wednesday. No response back yet. I am sure they will take care of us as they said they would. They must be really busy, because Vedran usually replies within 24 hours.

  10. #20
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slovak Republic, Europe
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgoblue006
    They must be really busy, because Vedran usually replies within 24 hours.
    Thursday was a national holiday in some European countries including Croatia and I bet many people took Friday off to have a long weekend so maybe that's why

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Receiver Error message
    By frank od in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
  2. v940 error message?
    By partsfreak in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 07:12 PM
  3. RX55 error message
    By BigSky in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 08:55 AM
  4. What causes 'E' error message?
    By dreamer in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 03:38 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •